Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online purchase. Poor quality. What does one do?

Options
  • 14-06-2019 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Hi,

I purchased a canvas online and it is terrible. It is meant to be from a French company but it as sent from China. I contacted them via their site and loads via email but only got 1 email response.

Is there any consumer body I can complain to or am I at nothing because they are outside Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,582 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

If it was bought from a site based in France, it is covered by EU distance selling directive irrespective of where it was posted from. Look up their returns policy .

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

Hi all,

What can I do now? They have stopped responding and wouldn't give me an address to return it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭markfinn

Raise a dispute with your card issuer (or paypal if you were unwise enough to use them).
    "Goods not as described, merchant not responding to direct communication".

Advertisement