Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increasing the 'power' and options of the ignore button

Options
  • 14-06-2019 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭

I don't use the ignore button very often at all.
    I only recently figured out that a post can be viewed by clicking 'view post' even if the poster is still 'ignored'.
    I ended up doing it and got sucked back in 'the vortex' of 'discussion' with a particular poster.

It struck me that it would be good if there were different levels of 'ignore' for the following.
    For example -

1) You only get annoyed/fed up with that poster on a certain topic/thread - and wish to ignore on that topic/thread

2) The poster just annoys you full stop.
    And you do not care about any of thier opinions and views.
    As the particular poster is extremely irritating when discussing any topic when you engage with them - and you wish to completely ignore the poster.

So I was thinking there could be an 'ignore the poster in xyz forum (s) - with no option to 'view the post'.

Secondly ignore the poster completely from all forums with no option to 'view the post'.

I was thinking that it would make life much more easier for the mods and posters alike.
    Less antagonism all around

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Post edited by Shield on

Advertisement