Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yahoo Mail

Options
  • 14-06-2019 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭

I click my Contacts List icon, it just makes my inbox open in a new tab. (Firefox on 7)

Any way of contacting Yahoo, please? Anyone experienced / resolved this issue?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Did you try different browser?

https://help.yahoo.com

Not using Y for valid correspondence, so have no idea, but on one of my accounts, clicking contacts opens list on the right side of window (FF v67.0.2 (64-bit) Win8.1)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Stigura

Did you try different browser?

No. Because, A/ I just don't think that way ~ I'd barely even know How to do that :o And, B/ It's not an issue I'd like to have to get round in such a manner.

It's been going on for ages now. So, I'll have (repeatedly) dome all that cache clearing etc. stuff they suggest.

Machine's fine. Yahoo Mailer's fine. Just that when, once in a blue moon, I think; " Wonder if I still have so and so's addy? " It's a pisser :(

Win 7, as any version of windows, comes with Internet Explorer(IE)(browser) enabled by default. You can install chrome or other.

I didn't say "use" different browser, i say "try it".

This is not workaround, this would be one of troubleshooting steps - It could be issue with your FF, not Yahoo.

It could be issue with your FF, not Yahoo.

Bingo! Ye quite right; I just saw my Contacts, in IE.

Okay. Next move, please?

Well, this indicate your FF @ fault.

See troubleshooting steps in the link above (section 10), try one step at the time.

• Advertisement

Okay. Did Everything the instructions said. Now, having refreshed FF, I can get at my contacts.

However, All my Bookmarks are gone. There's no sign of them in the HTML folder. Nothing I do will allow me to make a new bookmark ..... :(

I've done it!!! :D Got my bloody bookmarks back! God, that was hair raising! Had to read a thick books worth of articles and go places, touch things I Really didn't think I should! But, f*** me, I did it! :D

Right, okay; Many thanks for ye help. I've at least learned that Refreshing FF is Not a good idea, with me.

I also now know that ~ if I really, Really want to get at my contacts? IE truly is the lesser of the two evils! :p

Right. Thanks. I'm off to surf my usual places :)

I am glad you managed.

For future, you can make backup of your FF profile(while in good working order), that includes your bookmarks and saved passwords(if any.). In instance, where you need to refresh or reinstall FF, you can restore your stuff.
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/back-and-restore-information-firefox-profiles

Thanks for that, Smug, it'll save me wading through the Awful FF 'Help' encyclopaedia of excess ~ again.

Happens that, tonight, it occurred to me to change machines. My bookmarks would be my biggest concern.

Looking at that? I can just stick them on a stick and put them back on the new machine? Cool :)

Advertisement