Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir voip not working

Options
  • 14-06-2019 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi All,
    Maybe this has been answered already but if anyone could help it would be great because help from Eir is not working as in they did not help.
    I have the FTTH with them and I had not got an existing copper line for phone services.
    So after install I got my new number and all ok until I tried to call my new number. Nothing happened. Just a few beeps and the call cut off. I have no issue making calls.
    I've lost count how many people I spoke to in support. Each did something different and at the end it still didn't work. They even sent me a new router which was brutal until they configured the wifi settings correctly.
    The last call I was on they just told me that I would need to get a copper line in to make and receive calls. This is stupid. I'm paying for their service that should include phone line but yet phone not working. I'm baffled at how no one can fix this problem. I had bought a nice shiny new phone and even tried an old phone and they don't work. One support agent even told me I should have gotten a new phone from eir but this didn't happen.
    If anyone has this problem and got it fixed please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you can dial out but not receive inbounds its just a case of Eirs network not advertising the number correctly. The people you speak to cannot solve it but they should be able to refer it to those that can.

Unfortunately Eir made a balls of their support teams when they fired the Indian outsourcing company and I suspect there's been a very large brain drain.

Advertisement