Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is landlord taking advantage of my partner??

Options
  • 14-06-2019 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

I live with me partner in a rented 4 bedroom house, she has two kids from previous relationships and is a beautician. She works 2 days a week doing nails in some place and works from home doing nixers for the rest of the week. I am on the dole and mind the kids. Our lease is up for renewal in October.

A woman on our street recently complained to us about the people coming into the house and parking outside her wall and in our garden. We told her its not her street and to mind her business.

She then told the our landlord about my partners home business who later called around and said it was clear from all the activity that my missus was running some sort of business.

He said he wants to bump up our rent because we run a business from home and he wants rates in line with that. The slime ball now wants 1200 euro instead of the 900 we are paying. If we don't pay up he says he will inform revenue about me partners business.

I think this is BS, he has no right to hassle us like this. Between my missus wages, nixer money, my dole and benefits we earn just enough to pay the bills, rent, car tax, insurance, sky and other stuff. Now we might not have the cash to go on hols this summer. Hes basically messing with out lives, my partners business and threatening to tell tales to revenue.

I think my neighbor and landlord should mind their own business and stop making trouble for us. How do we get them off our backs? Is this something I can report to the guards for harassment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wow.....

Your lucky he doesn't give you both notice and get you all out to be honest....

Check your lease and you will see you can't do what is happening...

The neighbours have a right to a peaceful life and you are renters so have absolutely zero rights to do this....

Tax man may well come a knocking so would suggest she gets her tax in line too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

Presume this isn't a windup or a lame attempt at trolling you'd be much better off asking for advice in the accommodation and property forum. I'm sure if you message one of the Mods they would move it there for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

This is going to be good.......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Oops! wrote: »
    This is going to be good.......

Subscribes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I think my neighbor and landlord should mind their own business and stop making trouble for us. How do we get them off our backs? Is this something I can report to the guards for harassment?
    Your partner's clients add to the wear and tear on the landlords property (carpet, etc.)
    Also whatever beauty products may be considered an increased insurance risk by the LL's insurers which he will have to pay.
    It is his business!

Your neighbours have a right to a peaceful street and a new business, however small, becomes their business once it starts inconveniencing them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Is it possible for you to get a job for yourself?
    Your other half would not need to run a part time side business then..Your neighbors would also be at peace and your landlord wouldn't raise the rent.

Lots of problems solved in one go

Is this the same neighbours that have chickens that your cat ate?

sullivlo wrote: »
    Is this the same neighbours that have chickens that your cat ate?

Same fictional variety.

Same fictional variety.

Reminds me of the lad with the radio and the smoking boss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

mentioning sky was just a little too much, I may have believed it otherwise, I'm out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Your other half would not need to run a part time side business then..Your neighbors would also be at peace and your landlord wouldn't raise the rent.

Too busy doing nixers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I wonder if the title should be is your partner trading advantage of social welfare?

You messed up by unnecessarily pudding off your neighbour and don't really have a leg to stand on.

If you want a quick resolution then your partner should travel to her clients instead of running a business from home.

But rubbing a business from home is adding for trouble if you end up with the RTB

This is surely a wind up or else op is clearly part of the entitlement brigade

A neighbour having no rights to question car coming and going all day and parking outside their house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

I've seen those video's of landlords taking advantage online.....

Assuming you are not trolling, you really need to check your attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭specky4eyes

How do we get them off our backs?

Put his number up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

You made a mistake in being abrasive to your neighbor. Had you smoothed things over and perhaps offered a gift or maybe even her nails done once a week for free she might not have said anything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I live with me partner in a rented 4 bedroom house, she has two kids from previous relationships and is a beautician. She works 2 days a week doing nails in some place and works from home doing nixers for the rest of the week. I am on the dole and mind the kids. Our lease is up for renewal in October.

A woman on our street recently complained to us about the people coming into the house and parking outside her wall and in our garden. We told her its not her street and to mind her business.

She then told the our landlord about my partners home business who later called around and said it was clear from all the activity that my missus was running some sort of business.

He said he wants to bump up our rent because we run a business from home and he wants rates in line with that. The slime ball now wants 1200 euro instead of the 900 we are paying. If we don't pay up he says he will inform revenue about me partners business.

I think this is BS, he has no right to hassle us like this. Between my missus wages, nixer money, my dole and benefits we earn just enough to pay the bills, rent, car tax, insurance, sky and other stuff. Now we might not have the cash to go on hols this summer. Hes basically messing with out lives, my partners business and threatening to tell tales to revenue.

Dead chickens. Scratched cars. Baddy landlord.

You should sell your life story to HBO.

Wow.....

Your lucky he doesn't give you both notice and get you all out to be honest....

Check your lease and you will see you can't do what is happening...

The neighbours have a right to a peaceful life and you are renters so have absolutely zero rights to do this....

Tax man may well come a knocking so would suggest she gets her tax in line too.

Ned Flanders is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I'd say you will have to move now ..in the middle of the night ....they have it in for you

GO NOW LEAVE NOTHING!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Remember when trolls put in some effort?

Actually this is a wind-up, 4 bedroom house €900, increasing to €1,200 because of a figment of your imagination, Fuck Off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Your cat kills the neighbour's hens, your cat damages a neighbour's car, your partner is running a business from a private residential rental and you keep coming on as hard done by.

I just don't believe one person could be so removed from reality.

If this latest saga is true then the neighbours will soon be either breathing collective sighs of relief or having a good old laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

tell them i'm eating my breakfast, kate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Actually this is a wind-up, 4 bedroom house €900, increasing to €1,200 because of a figment of your imagination, Fuck Off

Tbf i know people paying 875 for a 4 bed in ferrybank (admitedely 1 is a box room)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Pay for sky! Obvious troll is obvious. Must try harder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

gimli2112 wrote: »
    mentioning sky was just a little too much, I may have believed it otherwise, I'm out

He got me at hols, until that i was "this fcuking entitled little prick"...

3/10 though

Invite your neighbor in for a free Brazilian and call the landlord and let him watch via your smoke alarm cam, everybody happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Blueshoe wrote: »

Everyone knows we’re at full employment, just the untouchables left.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Get the neighbor and landlord over for dinner to make peace.
    Poison both of them and dissolve them in barrels of acid
    Concentrated sulfuric acid should do the job

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement