Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is landlord taking advantage of my partner??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Deub

I m suspecting the neigbour has an affair with the landlord...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I can confirm I'm one of his neighbours.
    Next weeks thread will be about how his partner's mother wins the lotto and he finds out when she offers him 300 euro for a night of passion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

It's actually a fairly poor effort....you used far too many triggers in the op. You could have saved the sky and nosey neighbors bits for follow up posts....but including all the triggers in the first post is just amateurish

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Unless this cat is a mountain lion or the chickens are bantams I would weigh heavily on the side of it never happening. These false flag posters need to put more time into establishing the lore before jumping into the main adventure.

You could have not mentioned the dole in the opening post and left it to someone in the thread to ask. The reveal would feel more organic. Remember that while you want to get the details into the story you need to do it in a way that doesn't betray your characters motivation: They want to hide the whole dole/nixer sub-plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I live with me partner in a rented 4 bedroom house, she has two kids from previous relationships and is a beautician. She works 2 days a week doing nails in some place and works from home doing nixers for the rest of the week. I am on the dole and mind the kids. Our lease is up for renewal in October.

A woman on our street recently complained to us about the people coming into the house and parking outside her wall and in our garden. We told her its not her street and to mind her business.

She then told the our landlord about my partners home business who later called around and said it was clear from all the activity that my missus was running some sort of business.

He said he wants to bump up our rent because we run a business from home and he wants rates in line with that. The slime ball now wants 1200 euro instead of the 900 we are paying. If we don't pay up he says he will inform revenue about me partners business.

I think this is BS, he has no right to hassle us like this. Between my missus wages, nixer money, my dole and benefits we earn just enough to pay the bills, rent, car tax, insurance, sky and other stuff. Now we might not have the cash to go on hols this summer. Hes basically messing with out lives, my partners business and threatening to tell tales to revenue.

I think my neighbor and landlord should mind their own business and stop making trouble for us. How do we get them off our backs? Is this something I can report to the guards for harassment?

Well...you certainly have ticked a lot of boxes here. Let me guess, your gf is an ex-ISIS bride and you’re a traveller?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭specky4eyes

I'm in a similar situation OP, I'm living in a 1 room bedsit,kinda like livingroom/kitchen/bedroom, jax outside, I started my own business recently selling white and brown, a neighbor recently reported me to the landlord coz my shit was crap and danced into the adjoining carpet, he threatened me with eviction if I don't up the rent to €35 a week and give him a nice rock twice a month!

Bastards is all they are, if you get any good advice here, PM me, I can't really call the garda for this mishap.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

School holliers and bad weather. Great combo for this kind of post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭micar

Would your partner "service" him twice a month in lieu of an increase in rent and keeping stum.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ned Flanders is that you?

Damn my secret is out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I just don't believe one person could be so removed from reality.

Capture.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

Moving this to accommodation as I think you will get better answers there.

Please read the charter before posting.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Reviewing........ please hold.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement