Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC gave up ghost

Options
  • 14-06-2019 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

Need a new one, anybody know of any prebuilt deals, 7 years since I bought a machine.

If not this spec from Overclockers, I think build them?

Windows 10
    Top I3,
    8GB RAM,
    256GB SSD (not sure of price on these, never had one, bigger if not €€€)
    1TB HDD

I'm not after a beast of a machine with that spec, just an everyday yoke will do. Hardest thing I'll throw at it would be full hd tv show or something like that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Configure this with 500GB SSD for about €250 delivered to Ireland and you're sorted.

No need to pay for Win10, it says "no OS included" but it will come with unactivated Win10 which works perfectly forever without activation, just a tiny watermark in the corner. I've always used unactivated Win10 myself.

Configure this with 500GB SSD for about €250 delivered to Ireland and you're sorted.

No need to pay for Win10, it says "no OS included" but it will come with unactivated Win10 which works perfectly forever without activation, just a tiny watermark in the corner. I've always used unactivated Win10 myself.

Hi, thanks for this.

I'm just getting back to it. Unactivated windows won't get updates I'm guessing?

Is there much of a difference between amd 10 and I3

They get fairly expensive when you add everything, is their a difference between 2400 and 3000 mhz ram? I3 is €505 before delivery and maybe "official" windows so then you're into €600.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Unactivated Windows 10 has zero restrictions & gets all updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,709 ✭✭✭✭briany

Sounds like you'd be just as well with a Raspberry Pi, if the hardest thing you're going to be throwing at it is a HD TV show. You can get a bundle on one of those which includes everything you need to get started, and it would only be about 70 Euro.

• Advertisement

briany wrote: »
    Sounds like you'd be just as well with a Raspberry Pi, if the hardest thing you're going to be throwing at it is a HD TV show. You can get a bundle on one of those which includes everything you need to get started, and it would only be about 70 Euro.

Mostly but need my printer, DVD burner, Downloads so need HDD. SDD for speed, never had one actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Don't need activated Windows and they install it on the PC for testing purposes, so it'll arrive with the OS.

The i3 would be a lot faster on paper but it's 350, the A10 is 199 and it's perfectly fast for day to day use.

No difference between 2400mhz and 3000mhz for your usages, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

You can get key only licenses on Amazon for Windows 10 Pro for like a tenner.

Advertisement