Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alphabet Sheep - Alternate way of doing it

Options
  • 14-06-2019 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭

Time for some more alphabet sheep - however this one is different to the last one

EACH OF YOUR ANSWERS MUST START WITH A DIFFERENT LETTER. There are 26 questions, so that means that you will have to use each letter exactly once. Any answers which start with a letter you've already used will score zero.

Due to the nature of this game, all answers which start with different letters will be grouped separately, even if they refer to the same thing. For example, if asked to name a country, "America", "USA", and "The United States of America" would be grouped separately or if asked to name a supermodel, "Heidi Klum" and "Klum, Heidi" would not be grouped together.

img_01201.png?w=300

^^ thats right.

Of course you could answer in alphabetical order, but your answers may not represent the best sheep answers. Who knows! :D

Here are your questions ::

A shape
    An alcoholic Beverage
    A Beatles Album
    A traffic Light Color
    An insect
    A Russell Crowe movie
    A girl from this season of Love Island
    A part of the body
    A royal title
    An animal you might see on an African safari
    A spice girl
    A citrus fruit
    An Irish President
    An Irish City
    An item from your cuttlery drawer
    A rank in the army
    A member of Little Mix
    A musical Instrument
    A 21st Century US President
    An Asian Country
    A technology Company
    An Irish Political Party
    A non-alcoholic Beverage
    A guy from this season of Love Island
    A green vegetable
    A letter of the alphabet

When you submit your answers by pm, please do not include the questions. Just give me the list of your answers only. Saves me so much time in editing the files afterwards for entering into my sheepulator.

Closing Date for Entries is 9pm Wednesday 19th June, 2019

Reveal to take place at 10pm on Wednesday and 10pm on Thursday or after Necro's day2 reveal whenever that finishes. My own reveal will likely take 2 days too.

As this is a sheep game, Research/google IS allowed. Whether you choose to is up to you :)

P.S. I have already submitted an entry for myself cause I wanna play too. I hope people will trust my game integrity to take me at my word when I say that I have already submitted. I love this form of alphabet sheep :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Just to give people a guide on this because its easy to lose track of yourself with your alphabet and your answers.

Open 2 notepad files on your computer. On one of the files, have the list of questions and on the other file, have the letters of the alphabet in order.

As you answer one of the questions, copy your answer into the alphabetised list. This will help you keep track of your letters and what letters you have left. It will also help prevent you having any duplicates. This particular version of sheep is difficult enough without adding this conundrum to the mix lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

that was tuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

You're telling me. Did my anwers and am now left with 2 letters for the last two that don't fit. Have to go back over it at some stage

osh wrote: »
    You're telling me. Did my anwers and am now left with 2 letters for the last two that don't fit. Have to go back over it at some stage

hint: the pick a letter of the alphabet is for the left over letter. ;)
    dont answer that one first hehe.

• Advertisement

That's true, I picked that first actually :D Still not sure if it would help. Some answers have loads of options so might just redo it and pick them last

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

wooden spoon here I come - probably all aces :o but submitted

very creative sheep rikand, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭daheff

oooooo.... this ones gonna be interesting!

i'll need to think about this for a while.

Entry sent.

This game is going to be crazy with so many different possible answers.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I love how some are relatively limiting yet there's a huge scope on others.

Entry sent after banging my head off the wall a couple of times when certain things wouldn't fit :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

This is actually requiring a lot of research. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that! Had to shuffle a few things around to fit in the end. Will be really interesting to see how it turns out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Yeah was fun. Getting answers wasn’t hard but getting popular answers was hard and took a bit of juggling. I’ve entered but might juggle some more and re-enter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Rikand, you are a mentalcase genius with these games!

This make take a while.

Is there really that many contestants in Love island :confused:

tusk wrote: »
    Rikand, you are a mentalcase genius with these games!

I'm not the Creator or even Jesus

I'm just a prophet spreading the good word :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Rikand wrote: »
    I'm not the Creator or even Jesus

I'm just a prophet spreading the good word :)

giphy.gif

This make take a while.

That would be an ecumenical matter

This make take a while.

Around about an hour jesus, thank feck there is golf on

I'd like to sign up please. Do I send my answers in alphabetical order or in the order the questions were asked?

• Advertisement

it would be my understanding that it should be in the order of question asked.

I'd like to sign up please. Do I send my answers in alphabetical order or in the order the questions were asked?

Order of questions asked

must say, it would be an interesting reveal if it was alphabetical.

Thanks! I've pm'd mine. I didn't do research.. other than checking the names of love island contestants and little mix members! It was fun shuffling stuff around and trying to make it all fit. Something to do on this miserable rainy day. I suspect I won't do very well though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

In...at the end of my list the last question kept changing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Thanks! I've pm'd mine. I didn't do research.. other than checking the names of love island contestants and little mix members! It was fun shuffling stuff around and trying to make it all fit. Something to do on this miserable rainy day. I suspect I won't do very well though!

Samesies. spent 9 minutes overall. Hopefully do better than last time hahah.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

tusk wrote: »
    Samesies. spent 9 minutes overall. Hopefully do better than last time hahah.

Me three about Little Mix and Love Island, but with added Spice Girl and Russell Crowe google-ups.
    :o
    (I am out of the loop when it comes to pop culture.)

Remember folks. You should have 26 answers at the end. Please count how many answers in your list at the end. Nothing worse than having your scores skewed by having a missed answer.

I'll be keeping an eye on the pms and I will contact anyone who does not have 26 answers if I see it. But the onus is on the competitor to make sure his/her list is complete :D

Thoroughly enjoyed working out answers for this one. I use my phone for boards so I opened notepad and wrote A-Z then I copied the questions and then pasted it twice in notepad. So I’d write the answer against its letter then I’d delete the question from list 1 and then write over list 2 with the correct answer in the correct position.

It was trial and error before I realised what worked best for me. At one stage I had one list and would delete when I answered but then copped the answers were just in a-z order! A few times I had to look up the answers again when I had to make things fit. Was great fun. My fave so far and we haven’t even had the reveal.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I have mine written out , pen and paper , lots of scribbling out . As usual , done the one's I knew answers to first then made some dubious looking , but legit answers for the others (I hope !) :D

Now to pm them in the right order though ..

Advertisement