Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera Sound 2020

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Ah nice, where abouts you staying?

We just found something reasonable around Sagrada familia, so not too bad, can get a metro from verdeguar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

going 2nd weekend and just booked flights. they were crazy expensive. usually they come down around 6 weeks out but now flights are being booked out. loads going to the festival or just loads of holidaymakers in general? You'd assume the latter but I'm hearing a lot more people going this year from Ireland, the festival seems more well known.

accom was booked on airbnb about a year ago and I got pretty lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Acta Voroport in Poble nou, €400 for 4 nights. About 2k walk to site, handy for afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

re accommodation

Yeah, there were some great bargains to be had last year for PS22. Don't think we'll ever see the likes of it again. have you stayed in the Acta? was my original reservation for 2020, wondering what it's like.

Sagrada Familia area not Poblenou but not bad either. The tram should get you most of the way home when the metro is out of action.

Have read of a few people having their airbnb bookings cancelled. Same happened to me a few years ago so am wary of getting a flat in BCN again, though the fact my gang is down to two makes it a moot point as a hotel is the only realistic option.

Huge capacity this year (75/80k?). Am a bit worried about overcrowding - will try to avoid Rayban late night. The bridge to the Beach club could be another bottleneck. Hopefully the thousands of newbies keep with the programme considerate behaviour that PS have generally enjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

This is the 2022 thread!

Accommodation is eye-watering this year if you didn't grab it last year or the year before or the year before! :O

Even the Primavera tax on flights was something else on Wed 01/06.

Flying into Madrid on the Wed and getting the train from there. Love the AVE!

Listening to playlists of acts has finally gotten me giddy.

Post edited by BonnieSituation on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Very poor thread this year!

The accommodation gouging is pretty sickening it will put me off going next year if it continues.

The line up is great thou, looks like Nick Cave is still playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I only got a dispensation from herself and the wee one to go this year seeing as I bought the tickets in 2019 seeing as that was long before she was a twinkle in anyone's eye! 🤣🤣🤣

This thread is a microcosm of the whole of Boards since the update. Shame.

With the RWC next year I can't see me heading to Primavera at all. I'm okay with that tbh.

I'll get to see Les Savy Fav again this year and that'll do me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Seems that Nick Cave is still playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

PS announcing 2023 dates has not been helpful for those looking for early bird accommodation bargains.

Read a rumour the bridge to the beach might not be in operation this year so you will have to take the long road to get there. It was already a bit of a faff getting there so this, if true, might turn it into two festivals in one. The beach area will surely be expanded too, explaining the appearance of Sant Adrià in posters etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭crl84

Times out now.

Also new layout for Mordor, main stages right beside each other. The bridge walk to BITS seems to be closed now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Got back in Sunday night from Girona to Dublin. Skyscanner screwed me by not telling me there was flights from Shannon. Anyway, not sure if I'll go back, not until the crowds are a bit smaller anyway. It was just way too packed. The main stage was great back in 2014 and 2016, you could get pretty close and have space around yeah. But this time it was packed and I was so far back, I might as well have been watching on Youtube. Saying that, MIA was still great on the main stage. And I loved most things I saw on the other stages, but the main stages are where all teh big hitters are.

Advertisement