Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delays in processing transactions?

Options
  • 15-06-2019 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

My current account has delays in showing transactions over the past couple of days - atm withdrawals, debit card payments not showing up instantly like they normally would. One atm withdrawal didn’t process for over 24hrs and several debit card payments are taking a few days. Any reason for this??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi there Glack,

Thanks for getting in touch.

When you make a transaction there is a “pre-authorisation” where the funds are initially removed to ensure that there are available funds in the account. After this the retailer has 3-5 days to fully process the transaction. Transactions may drop off your account during this timeframe.

Thanks,

Lorna

Hi there Glack,

Thanks for getting in touch.

When you make a transaction there is a “pre-authorisation” where the funds are initially removed to ensure that there are available funds in the account. After this the retailer has 3-5 days to fully process the transaction. Transactions may drop off your account during this timeframe.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

I do understand that-what I’m saying is the initial removal of funds isn’t happening. My balance remains as if the transactions (including ATM withdrawals) haven’t happened at all. This is not normal for my account. Normally the funds are removed from my almost instantly and then the transaction processes over the next couple of days.

Hi Glack,

Thanks for getting back to us.

In this case to get this looked into you can send an Ask a Question in the Service Desk menu option on your 365online and our advisors can investigate this for you.

Thanks,

Lorna

Advertisement