Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Endometriosis

• 15-06-2019 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi does anyone know approx cost for surgery to diagnosis and treat endo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

About 9k iirc. That was probably with Peter Barton Smith in London .

If you contact an endometriosis org. they will advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭missmelo

About 9k iirc. That was probably with Peter Barton Smith in London .

If you contact an endometriosis org. they will advise.

Thank you very much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

I paid around 12k for surgery with Chris Mann. It depends on surgery needed but anywhere between 6 and 12 is the norm.
    It can be cheaper in other European countries. Check out Nancys Nook on facebook for a list of approved skilled surgeons.
    Your insurance may cover you, check policy if you have one. Also look at the Cross Border Directive Scheme in which the HSE will reimburse what the surgery would cost in Ireland, usually about 3k.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Is the cross border still available? thought it was to finish last March , something to do with Brexit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Is the cross border still available? thought it was to finish last March , something to do with Brexit?

Yes still available as I have been in contact regarding my application. Think it is relevant to all EU countries so brexit shouldn't impact?
    May be wrong tho!

• Advertisement
Advertisement