Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting into Town from Blanchardstown

Options
  • 15-06-2019 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

I interviewed for a job in D2 last week.

If I get it I'd be working 8-1, 4 days per week. I would get the 39 from Huntstown to Baggot street and then back again.

Does anyone on here do this commute? Is it horrible? I'd love the job but the idea of working in town really doesn't appeal to me.

I've love to hear others experiences

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

You also get the train as an alternative. Either to Pearse or Grand Canal Dock. Or the docklands and cycle the difference. Or cycle the whole way in about 45-50 mins. Or just get the bus and chill out.

Not that bad a journey. Baggot St is decent area to work in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

The hours you're doing mean you escape the worse of the traffic so your commute won't be too bad actually.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The hardest part of that journey will be getting down the quays and across the city. If you invest in a Dublin Bikes card for the days it's really bad, that might help. But starting at 8am should help things, if you were starting at 9 it'd be bad traffic-wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

Thank you for all the advice. Let's see now if I actually get offered the job. I may be worrying unnecessarily.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Just as an aside, always get the 39A into town not the 39, it adds a good 10-15 minutes to your journey unnecessarily going down the Clonsilla Road and through Blanchardstown village.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

miamee wrote: »
    Just as an aside, always get the 39A into town not the 39, it adds a good 10-15 minutes to your journey unnecessarily going down the Clonsilla Road and through Blanchardstown village.

Yeah I made that mistake last week . I was half asleep and the next bus app had the 39a as the next bus. By the time I had realised my mistake , the bus was already heading towards coolmine. Added 20 minutes into the journey.

Advertisement