Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reddit?

Options
  • 16-06-2019 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

:o Believe me; I've searched and searched. There just doesn't seem to be a board getting close to this. So, as it's also concerning Fire Fox .....

So, yesterday, I refreshed FF and sent myself to hell. Lost my bookmarks. Managed to get them back. But, Reddit is fubar!

I've long read the same, one board on there. Most days there'll be fresh content several times in a day.

Now though? Top post is from a day ago. Second, two days. Third is six days old! :eek: There should be a whole page of Yesterdays stuff! WTF?

Anyone got a clue, please? Because, I'm completely stumped.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

I don't know if I'm too pissed to read this properly or what, but I think I know what you're saying. Are you using Reddit Beta, or the new format Reddit? I know that a lot of functionality is hidden unless you go to old.reddit, which is accessible from the menu under your username on the top right. I have been switched to the new Reddit, and I have noticed the feed staying the exact same for up to a day at a time. I'm using Chrome, so it might not be a Firefox thing, it might be that your settings on the old browser aren't saved in FF, and you're just seeing the new format for your subreddits all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Stigura

" Old Reddit ". Yes, that's Exactly what it is! I've always used the Old format. Now, I'm on this unrecognisable nightmare of Blue(?!) which I barely recognise and which just won't behave :(

Any idea how I get back to the old look, please?

Sod it! :mad:

So; I found out that just replacing " www ", in the address, with " old " takes ye to the format we all know and love.

Only; The listing is still the same as I explained above! Grrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Stigura wrote: »
    " Old Reddit ". Yes, that's Exactly what it is! I've always used the Old format. Now, I'm on this unrecognisable nightmare of Blue(?!) which I barely recognise and which just won't behave :(

Any idea how I get back to the old look, please?

It can be accessed via the "Visit Old Reddit" link from the dropdown menu in the top right corner, where your username is.

Ace; I haven't got a name, on there. And, anyway, I've been reading into it. Place is in uproar!

Seems they've done away with the link ye talking about. This new thing's all about advertising ~ the reddit readers are saying. Natives are bloody restless!

I'm pretty sure I came across someone with my exact same problems. NOT a happy bunny. And Reddit are, basically, just clamming up and ignoring the mob.

Seems refreshing FF just somehow defaulted me and so exposed me to Reddits shenanigans.

I have yet Another fall out problem from that refresh. But, I've had a wee drinkies myself. And I don't want to clog up this entire board with my litany of woes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement