Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Echo Dot ~ €16

Options
  • 16-06-2019 7:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭

4-EB4-AA23-442-E-446-A-BBEB-E82-BCA4-C14-E1.jpg

Haven’t seen this posted yet but if you sign up to a month of Amazon Music’s family plan (€15) you’ll receive a code to buy an echo dot for 99p. You can’t use a trial, need to make a payment first.

I made my first payment on Friday for the family plan subscription, just waiting on the email for my code. Will post back once I get the code. There’s a limited deadline on this one (June 24th) so those who haven’t had a trial yet probably won’t be able pay for it in time.

Promo Link: Amazon
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Is the trial for 7 days? Could I skip the trial and just make payment? I'd like one of these especially at that price...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

toby2111 wrote: »
    Is the trial for 7 days? Could I skip the trial and just make payment? I'd like one of these especially at that price...
    No it’s 30 days unfortunately. I don’t know for sure if the T&C’s mean you need to sign up before the deadline or make the first payment, probably the payment though as they won’t send the code until you’ve paid for one month.

DubDJ wrote: »
    No it’s 30 days unfortunately. I don’t know for sure if the T&C’s mean you need to sign up before the deadline or make the first payment, probably the payment though as they won’t send the code until you’ve paid for one month.

Pity. I would've signed up for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,108 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

4-EB4-AA23-442-E-446-A-BBEB-E82-BCA4-C14-E1.jpg

Haven’t seen this posted yet but if you sign up to a month of Amazon Music’s family plan (€15) you’ll receive a code to buy an echo dot for 99p. You can’t use a trial, need to make a payment first.

I made my first payment on Friday for the family plan subscription, just waiting on the email for my code. Will post back once I get the code. There’s a limited deadline on this one (June 24th) so those who haven’t had a trial yet probably won’t be able pay for it in time.

Promo Link: Amazon

Just subscribed..is it available for Ireland as well ?

EDIT: - Went to chat and they cancelled the trial....i paid for plan...and i will get code in 7 days in email....I already know the code UBDMZ9E29DMK...so will try in 2-3 days to order the dot once its activated ! Great bargain to get dot for 17 euros !

Contact Amazon chat they will sort ya out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

Contact Amazon chat they will sort ya out

I signed up and paid the first payment for Amazon music on the 10th and still got no code

Just beware, I signed up for this and hadn't received any code. Got onto chat last night and spent over and hour getting sent between agents until I finally got a refund. 
    When I clicked the "Get Started" link it brought me to the Irish Amazon Prime Music page and the deal is limited to a UK Amazon Music plan. So make sure you select UK when signing up.
    I tried signing up again but it said I had to started my free trial. I might try and then get into chat to fix it.

Just beware, I signed up for this and hadn't received any code. Got onto chat last night and spent over and hour getting sent between agents until I finally got a refund. 
    When I clicked the "Get Started" link it brought me to the Irish Amazon Prime Music page and the deal is limited to a UK Amazon Music plan. So make sure you select UK when signing up.
    I tried signing up again but it said I had to started my free trial. I might try and then get into chat to fix it.

I thought there was no Amazon music Ireland service ?

shot2go wrote: »
    I signed up and paid the first payment for Amazon music on the 10th and still got no code

Try placing order using code in my previous post.

shot2go wrote: »

Try placing order using code in my previous post.
    I tried that code and kept telling me it was invalid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

To sign up for the UK version of Amazon music do you need to have a UK payment card added to your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭banie01

djdunny wrote: »
    To sign up for the UK version of Amazon music do you need to have a UK payment card added to your account?

Yep, you need to use a UK payment card and address on your account.
    Revolut and a PM address work fine tho.

DubDJ wrote:
    I tried that code and kept telling me it was invalid.

Contact Amazon on chat then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Tried this with a revolut card and UK address and wouldn't work, changed my country to UK said invalid, had to get a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭bonjurkes

I made it work with Transferwise card with UK address. Turns out I was on IE music subscriptionship. Got in touch with Amazon chat, they refunded the paid amount, switched me to UK music. Then I applied to 30 day trial, the guy on chat cancelled my trial so I paid for the membership. Support said I should get the code in a week now.

As worst case scenario, just ask them to refund your membership price for the month.

Code activated in one day ordered the dot...

So if I sign up for a month before June 24th, will I still get the dot for 99p?

toby2111 wrote:
    So if I sign up for a month before June 24th, will I still get the dot for 99p?

Yes just subscribe for trial ...contact Amazon chat and cancel the trial and pay for full subscription for a month..u should have ur code activated within two days

Yes just subscribe for trial ...contact Amazon chat and cancel the trial and pay for full subscription for a month..u should have ur code activated within two days

Great. And does the dot get delivered to your PM or parcel wizard address?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

I tried to cancel the free trial but got a message back from customer service saying I can't cancel the trial, but the trial will end before the deadline and I'll definitely get the echo after the free trial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

gerard2210 wrote: »
    I tried to cancel the free trial but got a message back from customer service saying I can't cancel the trial, but the trial will end before the deadline and I'll definitely get the echo after the free trial.

Same here. Happy enough

Great. And does the dot get delivered to your PM or parcel wizard address?

No its free delivery to ireland as its £39 in original price.....

gerard2210 wrote: »

Yes...you will get it...i cancelled to get it quickly !

Ok, I'm gonna sign up for trial using pm address. Then contact chat straight away to cancel trial. Sign up for 1 month sub, then wait for code..... That sound right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

Ok, I'm gonna sign up for trial using pm address. Then contact chat straight away to cancel trial. Sign up for 1 month sub, then wait for code..... That sound right?

In theory yes, but easier said than done. Spoke to them yesterday and they told me it was not possible to cancel the free trial and that I would have to wait until it ended and then pay my first month before I could get the redemption code.

As mentioned on previous posts, just make sure youre using a UK address and payment method, otherwise the music sub will default to Ireland - which is not eligible for the Dot offer.

djdunny wrote: »
    In theory yes, but easier said than done. Spoke to them yesterday and they told me it was not possible to cancel the free trial and that I would have to wait until it ended and then pay my first month before I could get the redemption code.

As mentioned on previous posts, just make sure youre using a UK address and payment method, otherwise the music sub will default to Ireland - which is not eligible for the Dot offer.

Try again...i got this tip from hotukdeals and has worked for me and many other thr

Try again...i got this tip from hotukdeals and has worked for me and many other thr

So what exactly do I need to do tonight when I try this? It seems to work for some but not for others

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭R11

Was onto live chat,guy was very helpful.Gave me a link,said to sign up,then he would cancel free trial and I'd get the code......but his link kept bringingbme to amazon.com page. I asked why and he replied "This is not only related to address, your live location or the IP address must also be within the UK address. If all these factors are met you will be eligible for the offer. But as you are not within the UK and your IP address is in Ireland, you will not be able to avail this offer. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused to you. "
    How did some of you get the offer????

EDIT-I got back onto chat....My Amazon music settings were set to USA!!!Changed them to UK and was able to access free trial.I stayed on live chat while doing this and then they cancelled free trial and I signed up for Family plan using Revolut card.She then sent me a code but advised to wait 48 hours before using it.

I couldn’t sign up, kept rejecting based on my address being in Ireland. Tried changing my address on revolut but still didn’t work. I gave up for now, just won’t let me use the UK version.

• Advertisement

toby2111 wrote:
    So what exactly do I need to do tonight when I try this? It seems to work for some but not for others

Go-to chat ask them u want to avail this offer and want to cancel trial and pay for the plan..

Advertisement