Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Echo Dot ~ €16

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭MommySquish

I have been fighting this for 1month+ now. I have spent 4+ hours on the phone and have screen shots of the T&C not stating UK only but everyone is saying it is. I have had advisors not create cases/follow ups. I have Jeff Bexos' lackies answering his emails basically saying tough luck and admiting it may have not said UK only but it does now.

I am going to request a refund of the money paid already tomorrow and if not I will be contacting my bank due to the breach of T&C on their side.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I have been fighting this for 1month+ now. I have spent 4+ hours on the phone and have screen shots of the T&C not stating UK only but everyone is saying it is. I have had advisors not create cases/follow ups. I have Jeff Bexos' lackies answering his emails basically saying tough luck and admiting it may have not said UK only but it does now.

I am going to request a refund of the money paid already tomorrow and if not I will be contacting my bank due to the breach of T&C on their side.

It is saying it implicitly - you cannot get Amazon Family in Ireland for 14.99 GBP.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭MommySquish

grogi wrote: »
    It is saying it implicitly - you cannot get Amazon Family in Ireland for 14.99 GBP.

I have screen shots every step of the way showing I match their T&C's to the letter. I am taking this up with the European Consumer Commission now. Another promised call back (for yesterday) not kept.

We are a good enough country for a tax dodge and doing their donkey customer service work but our money doesn't count?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PMC999

For anybody who couldn't avail of this offer the echo dot has just dropped to £24.99 on Amazon.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

I'm confused.... Does your dot not work?

• Advertisement

toby2111 wrote: »
    I'm confused.... Does your dot not work?

He didn't get it because the offer was only for UK.

He didn't get it because the offer was only for UK.

But it was explained here to change all settings to UK and use a Revolut card...

toby2111 wrote: »
    But it was explained here to change all settings to UK and use a Revolut card...

It's not universal - My revolut wasn't accepted either. And I have UK prime, UK music and UK kindle library.

It's not universal - My revolut wasn't accepted either. And I have UK prime, UK music and UK kindle library.

Ah OK, that is unfair so.

Advertisement