Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid holidays I didn't ask for

Options
  • 16-06-2019 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

Was just wondering if anyone could advise on this (I'm going to call tomorrow but I'd like to find out ASAP)

My work paid me out 50 odd hours of annual leave in my last pay (I'm paid weekly), despite the fact I never asked for it and was intending to use it over two weeks in August. As it was thrown on top of my regular pay for last week it has slaughtered me for taxes and deductions as it's essentially as if I worked a 90 hour week, throwing my budgeting for the holiday period completely out the window. Is there any way to hand this money back and have it paid as a normal weeks wages when I take my holidays? I'm assuming I can claim back the bulk of the tax overpayment next year but that's, well, next year! Is there any way to remedy this right now?

TIA

Advertisement