Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Face cream SPF50 without the yucky chemicals.

• 16-06-2019 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

I’ve been using Boots Soltan face cream SPF 50 daily for years but I’d love to find a product that’s made from natural ingredients and has fewer chemicals. T.I.A :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭emilymemily

Have you tried image skincare? They do an spf 50, its pricey but non greasy, no white cast and doesn't clog pores.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Moo Goo do natural sunscreens, I think Lavera have a natural one as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Have you tried image skincare? They do an spf 50, its pricey but non greasy, no white cast and doesn't clog pores.

Does this have spf a protection also?

molly09 wrote: »
    Does this have spf a protection also?

Yes its full broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

I love Image, but the OP asked for a SPF without chemicals. They're not marketed as a natural brand so assuming they're not what the OP wants.

• Advertisement

SozBbz wrote: »
    I love Image, but the OP asked for a SPF without chemicals. They're not marketed as a natural brand so assuming they're not what the OP wants.

I didnt say it was natural but its an spf 50 and a decent cream compared to others ive tried in my experience.
    Moo goo only go up to spf 30 afaik

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'm completely ignorant when it comes to how SPF is made or works, but if you want broad spectrum protection and a high factor, do you not have to accept the "chemicals"? I dislike that word... Everything is made from chemicals!

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

Twee. wrote: »
    I'm completely ignorant when it comes to how SPF is made or works, but if you want broad spectrum protection and a high factor, do you not have to accept the "chemicals"? I dislike that word... Everything is made from chemicals!

This. Even "natural" products are made with chemical components of the natural ingredients for safety and stability. I keep seeing all these posts about skin care being absorbed into your bloodstream after like 30 seconds :confused: Total scaremonger marketing!

OP, I believe the new REN sunscreen is reef friendly and vegan, it's meant to be very good so could be worth trying. It's pricier than Soltan but they're a solid brand. https://www.renskincare.com/products/clean-screen-mineral-spf-30-mattifying-face-sunscreen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Twee. wrote: »

Yeah I agree, I think you might be looking for a unicorn OP.

The Image range of SPFs are the best on the market IMO. Kiehls is also good, but would prefer Image. Both are a step up pricewise from any Boots own brand.

You'd be asking a lot of a product to be totally natural, spf 50 and go on like a moisturiser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I don't know what yucky chemicals you are trying to avoid but if you are looking for sun cream that doesn't harm corals then some are listed in this article. I can't guarantee the accuracy of the list.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjHhs2a36LjAhVeTRUIHdvgDxkQzPwBegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.elle.com%2Fuk%2Fbeauty%2Fbody-and-physical-health%2Fa27402217%2Fmarine-friendly-spf-sun-cream%2F&psig=AOvVaw12b4acXfDpVAiYbj_wBZi_&ust=1562586699712853

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Sorry to bump an old thread but I remembered following this when it was posted as I was looking for a strong organic sunscreen. Incase anyones interested I recently bought an organic SPF 30 from an Irish company called Finca Skin organics. Its natural ingredients and doesnt look shiny or greasy on the skin, its got a light tint in it too and I find its a really good makeup base but can be worn in its own.

Heres the ingredients, I copied & pasted from the website..

25% Non-Nano Zinc Oxide
    Certified Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    Certified Organic Jojoba Oil
    Vegetable Glycerine
    Organic Shea Butter
    Eldorado Springs Artisan Water
    Vegetable Emulsifying Wax (cetearyl alcohol & polysorbate 60 coconut extracts)

Advertisement