Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This forum needs a show-off picture thread

Options
  • 16-06-2019 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to make a start showing off this magnificent fella

482895.JPG

sorry about the sideways pic...but boards refuses to show it the right way round

Anyhow...this gorgeous tree started off working the Christmas period for three years in a pot..living outside otherwise...still in a pot. Was about 1- 1.2 m high at that point.

When it started looking a bit sorry for itself we took the pot away, dug a hole in front of the house...and here it is about 15 years later during its annual growth spurt.

It's about 3.5 m wide and I guess 7 m high by now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

peasant wrote: »

482895.JPG

sorry about the sideways pic...but boards refuses to show it the right way round

Anyhow...this gorgeous tree started off working the Christmas period for three years in a pot..living outside otherwise...still in a pot. Was about 1- 1.2 m high at that point.

When it started looking a bit sorry for itself we took the pot away, dug a hole in front of the house...and here it is about 15 years later during its annual growth spurt.

Don’t have green fingers, but ... love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

honeybear wrote: »
    Don’t have green fingers,

neither do I...all I did was dig a hole...the rest was/is mother nature :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,495 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

(psst - one of the stickies on the forum is a gardening photos thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

D'oh...never saw that :o
    (gardening mods, please just move it there)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

peasant wrote: »

482895.JPG

Yet another Storm Hannah victim?

• Advertisement
Advertisement