Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell D6000 dock powershare wattage.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its in the Q & A :

"Some Dell Precision models may require more than the 65W that the Dell Universal Dock D6000 can deliver to charge the laptop. You can still use the D6000 to charge the laptop, but it may take a longer time to fully charge versus using the PC's power adapter."

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭grimeire

ED E wrote: »
    Its in the Q & A :

"Some Dell Precision models may require more than the 65W that the Dell Universal Dock D6000 can deliver to charge the laptop. You can still use the D6000 to charge the laptop, but it may take a longer time to fully charge versus using the PC's power adapter."

Thanks I must of missed that. That should be enough to keep my Macbook running.

Looks like the dell docs are wrong. it is not able to send any power to my mack at all.

I just my hope of having one device to connect my mac to was just a dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Others have it working.

USB-C is cable picky. You must be using the C-C not A-C and a rated cable. Some €2 job that charges your phone (5-15W) may not be enough for the Mac.

ED E wrote: »
    Others have it working.

USB-C is cable picky. You must be using the C-C not A-C and a rated cable. Some €2 job that charges your phone (5-15W) may not be enough for the Mac.

cable has no problem charging my Mac from charger so doubt its the charger.

• Advertisement
Advertisement