Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house in a dodgy area

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

OP, Just looked at Glen, Emly on Google maps. It's dated 2011 and looks fine. It's a bigger development than I thought. I'd give a spin out there at least.

On second thoughts, Just looked on property price register. 06/03/2018 €12,000.00 31 GLEN COURT EMLY, TIPPERARY :confused::confused::confused:

Bonkers !

Jesus Christ - if houses are selling for 12,000 you need to steer well clear. You'd be better off buying a mobile home for 12,000 and living in that, at least you can move it when the agro starts!
    mariaalice wrote: »
    Did you ever think they have purchassed the house at a steep discount from the councial and are using the money they now have to buy ridiculous cars as opposed to any conspiracy theory?

All of them?

Yea, sounds entirely plausible:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I come from a similar type of place - the houses with the flash bmw and audis outside generaly tend not to be the straight laced, decent, hardworking houses!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Michael D. Higgins said live on tv he'd have no problem living next to such people. Maybe he'll retire to Emly when he moves out of the Áras.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Michael D. Higgins said live on tv he'd have no problem living next to such people. Maybe he'll retire to Emly when he moves out of the Áras.

Its a super easy statement to just throw out when youre well aware it will never happen. Politically for someone like him he knows damn well he can sit in an upper middle class estate and know that either theres no development land around for social housing or even if there was , he’d have 10 neighbours to write objections and he could sit back, wait for it to be canned and then say ‘im shocked’

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Just googled the house in glen court emly. All I can say is I'm speechless
    Those houses are bloody amazing. Well built and a lovely looking estate. What a pity some scum have ruined it for others!

Its clever in a way.

Buy a small estate. Make life hell for other residents. As time goes on, the value tanks to a pittance and your children buy. Soon you have a nice estate bought with pennys for your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Its a super easy statement to just throw out when youre well aware it will never happen. Politically for someone like him he knows damn well he can sit in an upper middle class estate and know that either theres no development land around for social housing or even if there was , he’d have 10 neighbours to write objections and he could sit back, wait for it to be canned and then say ‘im shocked’

Mickey D doesn't live in an estate. He lives on an estate. A 1,750 acre estate. A bit better than middle class. :D

And yes, he is a lying cnut saying that he'd have no problem living beside travellers. And I do realise I'm calling the President of Ireland a lying cnut and I make no apologies for that.

He wouldn't drive into that housing estate in Emly with the ARU, let alone live in a house there beside those ethnic caravan utilising nomadic travellers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Its clever in a way.

Buy a small estate. Make life hell for other residents. As time goes on, the value tanks to a pittance and your children buy. Soon you have a nice estate bought with pennys for your family.

That's exactly the M.O. of these fúckers.

Anyone who claims they'd have no problem living next to them, has just never had to live next to them. And that very much includes Mickey D - who I also have no trouble with calling a lying cúnt!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

OP, the opinions you were looking for have been provided in abundance. As we're heading into general bashing territory now I'm going to close this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement