Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone use abroad

Options
  • 17-06-2019 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Is there any way to avoid having a foreign ring tone on your phone while abroad? Don’t want people knowing I’m on holidays when they ring my number 😎

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

normanbond wrote: »
    Is there any way to avoid having a foreign ring tone on your phone while abroad? Don’t want people knowing I’m on holidays when they ring my number 😎

Leave it at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Divert all calls to voicemail before you leave Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

normanbond wrote: »
    Is there any way to avoid having a foreign ring tone on your phone while abroad? Don’t want people knowing I’m on holidays when they ring my number ��

If you are with eir Mobile and have access to WiFi, use WiFi calling abroad. The calls remain on the eir network as if you were at home. Ring tone is same as at home. If you also disable roaming, your calls will dovert to voicemail when you have no access to WiFi. Either way, your callers wont know you are abroad. (The other networks dont support WiFi calling abroad.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Lackadaisical

The only way really would be for Ireland to adopt the full ESTI standards for tones and drop the British style ringing tone.

The Irish landline network always used normal continental style tones for everything except for the ring.

I doubt most people would be that bothered of we did.

Advertisement