Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepay/Billpay Energy

Options
  • 17-06-2019 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭

Hi ppl,

I have to say since I went from prepay to billpay I feel worse off and am not buying that billpay is the way to go because imo it’s definitely not and the sooner the better I return to being in control, thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

francie81 wrote: »
    Hi ppl,

I have to say since I went from prepay to billpay I feel worse off and am not buying that billpay is the way to go because imo it’s definitely not and the sooner the better I return to being in control, thoughts?

Pre pay costs more....

Do you use much at night time?? If yes get a night rate meter....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I've yet to see a pre pay that's cheaper than bill pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accommodation & Property

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Pre pay costs more....

Do you use much at night time?? If yes get a night rate meter....

No don’t use much by night. That’s right according to stats it is but still being in control of something such as this feels like the big saving opposed to companies giving you discounts provided to stick to there plan ie debit payments, levil pay what a joke, I just don’t think billpay is the way to go for low to middle income earners with family like myself as your never finished paying your bill by the time the next one arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭tvjunki

francie81 wrote: »
    Hi ppl,

Prepay does cost a lot more. When you check comparison sites you will see your paying at least 280e per year if not more.
    Your first bill pay you may have to pay a deposit unless you do direct debit.
    If you put 30 per week on prepay meter then put the same on the bill. You will receive a bill monthly or bimonthly and you should have it paid before it is due. Go into the post office with your bill showing your account and put 30each week even if the bill is paid.
    Don't forget you are on an estimated bill every few months. Send in your meter reading monthly and you will see exactly what you are using. You will see a saving. When the bill is due you will have a credit on the account you have paid in and if there is any money due it will be small.

• Advertisement
Advertisement