Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reci inpection

Options
  • 17-06-2019 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys
    I registered with safe electric last year and completed one house wiring. All my work is carried out to a very high standard and all within the regs. I had a reci inspection come out for pre tests a few months ago.
    A lot of my work is price work for larger contractors so I haven't much testing experience.
    I just have a few questions as regards testing a house that being lived in.
    Do I pull cooker out and test from connections in back of cooker and Same with heating do I test from boiler connections.
    And on my next inpection do they carry out pre tests aswell as post connection tests.
    I know I am going get stick from usually smart mouths but I work to a high standard and have a decent understanding of rules etc but unfortunately I haven't had a lot testing experience.

Thanks

Any positive feedback appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

Do the most thorough test possible , easy enough to check cooker from its connection s , not so easy for boilers , illegal to take the cover off .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

For your inspection all pre connection tests will be checked to verify that they match your test records
    You should test to the appliance connection block to ensure integrity(cooker,immersion etc)
    Testing to spur outlet on gas appliance is permitted as electrics from that point is responsibility of rgi.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gashmuncher

Vwvan wrote: »
    I know I am going get stick from usually smart mouths but I work to a high standard and have a decent understanding of rules etc but unfortunately I haven't had a lot testing experience.

Do I detect a problem with the RECI inspector here ????
    Is telling you that you need to improve your testing skills being a "Smart Mouth"

Mods here would be quick to give a slap on the wrist to any poster who calls any person a smart mouth but it seems it OK when its a RECI Inspector.
    Good work Guys !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Do I detect a problem with the RECI inspector here ????
    Is telling you that you need to improve your testing skills being a "Smart Mouth"

Mods here would be quick to give a slap on the wrist to any poster who calls any person a smart mouth but it seems it OK when its a RECI Inspector.
    Good work Guys !

I think you took that up wrong. My impression was that the "smart mouth" reference is to people who are going to reply on thread.

Advertisement