Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst courier experience?

Options
2»

Comments

Just out of curiosity, where would you like them to leave these things? You guys ordered them, you know they are arriving and you know your not going to be home. Drivers don't have to ring you, most don't get company phones.

Is it to much hassle to leave a note or something or use Parcel motel?

I live in a apartment block I've zero chance of ever getting my packages so I deliver to work or I use the local Parcel Motel.

If I'm not there, bring it back to the local warehouse and put the onus on me to collect it. Like they used to always do before the Amazon delivery gig economy blew up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭9935452

Im not sure of the delivery company but i got a phone call from a courier looking for directions.
    I proceeded to give directions.
    He stopped me to say he wasnt at that side of the town and was going the other direction and could he leave it at a shop or petrol station.
    I ate the head off him. I paid for delivery to the house. If it landedat the shop i would get back to the seller with a non delivery case and eithre he would be delivering a new one the next day or would have to pick up the first parcel and drop it to me.
    20 minutes later a peeved delivery man turns up in a very sorry looking van .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Just out of curiosity, where would you like them to leave these things? You guys ordered them, you know they are arriving and you know your not going to be home. Drivers don't have to ring you, most don't get company phones.

Is it to much hassle to leave a note or something or use Parcel motel?

I live in a apartment block I've zero chance of ever getting my packages so I deliver to work or I use the local Parcel Motel.

I’d be happy with them just ringing the damn doorbell. Yes I’m looking at you Hermès and Fastway! I’ve been on maternity leave for a year. The amount of times I’ve come out from the kitchen to find a delivery note in the door or just randomly find a parcel in the bin or on the doorstep is a complete joke. We have ring pro so I can look back and see them writing the note before they even get out of the van? Like seriously?

Worst delivery was with amazon in winter before an post took over most of their deliveries. No sign of parcel. No note. No tracking update since it was handed to the courier. Onto amazon, they do the legwork. Courier has lost it apparently so they reship. Again no tracking updates but eventually the parcel does arrive (three days late, I was about to complain again).

Fast forward three weeks. I happen to be around the back garden side of the side gate to find a completely disintegrated parcel in the bush which had clearly been fired over the gate (due tot he distance) and from the damage had hit the wall of the house and rebounded. Then rain and wind had basically melted the whole thing, external and internal. All into the bin. What a total waste. And they told amazon they lost it? I don’t even know when it was delivered before or after amazon reshipped!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Please see the thread I just started re DPD …

FASTWAY! Some years ago when I lived rural mainland, someone was sending me two large boxes of yarn etc by Fastway.

I was told they could not find me. so spent a while on the phone talking to the driver giving him very precise directions... He did not arrive.

A few days later a stranger arrived at my gate, looking embarrassed. A neighbour farmer ( I was new there) . He had found 2 large boxes in his cattle field... were they for me?

The Fastway driver had dumped them over the gate. Just dumped them.

Since then I have never ever used any courier. I am now on a small offshore island where couriers venture not but An Post are truly great. I check assiduously before ordering anything that they use An Post. No An Post; no deal .

Oh one firm recently thought they could send it to the Post Office ( mainland) and they would deliver it for them at no cost!

This situation with DPD has me tearing my hair...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thank you for this thread; it has helped!

• Advertisement

Large parcel arriving yesterday.

Coming through An Post. Driver phones me, says it's far too big and obvious to leave anywhere.
    Fine, I say, leave it in the depot and I'll get there somehow.
    Not a chance he says, I'll get it to you at work or let me know when you're home.
    Am home tomorrow (see today), so he brings it back to depot, reloads this morning, calls in advance as he knows I might be dropping kids to school, and drops it as I'm arriving home.

Service, will always pay a bit more on delivery if it's coming through An Post

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭howyegettinon1

DPD are useless, half the time they dint bother to ring the number on the box to find the house so goes back to depo.

Fastway, i think its them that dont like me as my dog bit the driver, just a little bit.....

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭howyegettinon1

not a bad experience but my postman just opens the door and puts the parcels in the hall, who knows what he has heard or seen going on in the house unknown to us

• Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I booked a package for delivery using Parcel Direct on a Monday morning, got a Fedex service and used the option to have it collected from one of their locations (a petrol station near by). It was due to be collected from there Tuesday.

Monday evening I brought the package to the petrol station and they had no idea what to do it, ended up talking to a manager and she said she would ring Parcel direct in the morning.

She rings me Tuesday and she said that she was talking to parcel direct and she said it was all sorted.

Wednesday evening I check my tracking and see it hasn't moved, when I contacted parcel direct they said they'd get them to collect Thursday but wouldn't tell me a collection time or anything. Unsurprisingly they never collected it. I ended up booking through Parcel2Go (via TNT) On Thursday evening, it was collected from me on Friday and delivered to Boston on Monday, so definitely recommend them over Parcel Direct anyways.

Bit off topic for this Thread, but I have nothing but praise for DPD, they give an hour window that they always stick to and I've never had any issues.

Advertisement