Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New current account - online application

Options
  • 17-06-2019 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi, I have been trying to apply for a current account online, but without success.
    This is my third attempt of uploading documents in attempt to have them validated, both my drivers licence and passport have been validated each time, but my "other proof" of address has not. This was firstly in the form of my house insurance policy in pdf form directly from insurance company. This was rejected as "it didn't display corners", I then printed and took a photo of this pdf (showing corners) and resubmitted, this was then rejected as it's not an "approved document", I've not tried again, this time with the pdf of my P60 that I received from my employer, this is the direct pdf, but like most pdf's it doesn't display corners. I'm hoping this now satisfies the ask, but could you please review my application?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi, I have been trying to apply for a current account online, but without success.
    This is my third attempt of uploading documents in attempt to have them validated, both my drivers licence and passport have been validated each time, but my "other proof" of address has not. This was firstly in the form of my house insurance policy in pdf form directly from insurance company. This was rejected as "it didn't display corners", I then printed and took a photo of this pdf (showing corners) and resubmitted, this was then rejected as it's not an "approved document", I've not tried again, this time with the pdf of my P60 that I received from my employer, this is the direct pdf, but like most pdf's it doesn't display corners. I'm hoping this now satisfies the ask, but could you please review my application?

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. We are sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Please see here for documents which can be accepted as proof of address when opening an account with Bank of Ireland.

For an update in relation to your account application please call our Account Opening Team on 1890 354 454 or 00353 1 4044034( if abroad) and one of our advisors will be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭pinktoe

Visit a branch in person. I opened an account online last year and they randomly blocked my account last month, and messed up wages etc without telling me and I had to bring in the documents in person.

Also some work colleagues have had their applications for a current account rejected for no reason when but could open them in person

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭JACK BE NIMBLE

This is my third attempt of uploading documents in attempt to have them validated, both my drivers licence and passport have been validated each time, but my "other proof" of address has not. This was firstly in the form of my house insurance policy in pdf form directly from insurance company. This was rejected as "it didn't display corners", I then printed and took a photo of this pdf (showing corners) and resubmitted, this was then rejected as it's not an "approved document", I've not tried again, this time with the pdf of my P60 that I received from my employer, this is the direct pdf, but like most pdf's it doesn't display corners. I'm hoping this now satisfies the ask, but could you please review my application?

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. We are sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Please see here for documents which can be accepted as proof of address when opening an account with Bank of Ireland.

For an update in relation to your account application please call our Account Opening Team on 1890 354 454 or 00353 1 4044034( if abroad) and one of our advisors will be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks Jen
    Thanks for the reply Jen,

Since I last posted I've now received this email from yourselves (subsequent to uploading my P60 as per my previous post):

Thank you for your recent online application and for choosing Bank of Ireland. We have started to process your application but unfortunately cannot complete it due to the following reason(s):

•     Your address verification – P60 Form – was not one of our accepted types. We can accept the following for this online process:

o  Bank statement or credit card statement

o  Household utility bill (not from mobile network providers)

o  Official documents issued by Revenue Commissioners or Department of Social Protection - in relation to payments

(P45, P60, Payslips & PPSN Letters not acceptable)

o   Household or Health insurance policies     

I'm really confused as to what this means, I uploaded my P60 as it was one of the documents that you state is accepted, yet I receive an email response stating that "it's not one of the accepted types", despite in the next paragraph of the email mentioning that it's one of the accepted types.

Can you clarify, is supply of a P60 considered one of the accepted types of document, if so, then why did I receive this email?
    I'm happy to DM my details in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭JACK BE NIMBLE

pinktoe wrote: »
    Visit a branch in person. I opened an account online last year and they randomly blocked my account last month, and messed up wages etc without telling me and I had to bring in the documents in person.

Also some work colleagues have had their applications for a current account rejected for no reason when but could open them in person
    @pinktoe - Thanks for the info, the reason I applied online was for the "convenience", due to work commitments this suits best, I just can't get my head around how complicated this has become despite following all of BOI's instructions to the tee??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi JACK BE NIMBLE,

Thanks for getting back us.

Just to clarify, where it references p45s and p60s it states that they are not accepted.

We do accept p21s and you can request this through the tax revenue office.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Advertisement
Advertisement