Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duplicated Credit Card Payment.

Options
  • 17-06-2019 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My credit card bill was due on Saturday 15th of June, but I kinda panicked and paid it myself in advance on Friday 14th of June. It's usually paid by direct debit, but since this fell on a Saturday, I was unsure and paid it ahead of time. Usually, if I pay in advance, only the remainder (if any) is paid via D/D, but this time it's taken the full bill again. Do I call straight away or wait for all the payments to finish first? They're both still in the "in progress" section of BOI 365.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi QRT,

Thanks for getting in touch.

In this case it may be best to contact our Card Services Team directly on 0818251251 and they can advise you in the best process for this situation.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

Hi QRT,

Thanks for getting in touch.

In this case it may be best to contact our Card Services Team directly on 0818251251 and they can advise you in the best process for this situation.

Thanks,

Lorna

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Is there a standard landline number I can ring? I often have difficulty calling such phone numbers.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Your payment and the DD payment will both be collected if there are funds

The DD will have been sent in for collection prior to the payment as per SEPA rules you made so the extra payment will not cancel that.

If you paid off in full and are in credit then you can withdraw the cash above your limit

Happened me this month, made a payment on the 31st and min payment was still collected on the 5th june

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

Your payment and the DD payment will both be collected if there are funds

The DD will have been sent in for collection prior to the payment as per SEPA rules you made so the extra payment will not cancel that.

If you paid off in full and are in credit then you can withdraw the cash above your limit

Happened me this month, made a payment on the 31st and min payment was still collected on the 5th june

Did you ever ask for a refund? Would withdrawing the cash still not affect your credit rating?

Advertisement