If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

49 inch TV for pub / restaurant

Options
  • 17-06-2019 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for a TV for my sister's pub / restaurant to show big sporting events.

- Budget is under 500 euros.
    - Smart features not important, happy to have a better panel.
    - Decent speakers a plus

This will be wall hung and should be around 49 inches.

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

budgemook wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking for a TV for my sister's pub / restaurant to show big sporting events.

- Budget is under 500 euros.
    - Smart features not important, happy to have a better panel.
    - Decent speakers a plus

This will be wall hung and should be around 49 inches.

Thanks!
    Hi budgemook,

If you're looking for the best panel at that price I would go for the Philips 50PUS6703 at 479 euro. It is a 50" micro dimming panel which gives better contrast and more uniform brightness than an edge lit panel. This TV won the What Hifi award for best TV in it's class and it really is stunning. It's an ambilight TV but this feature can be switched off:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203602-philips-50pus6703-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-ambilight-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know if this is the sort of thing you're thinking of.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

Thanks, I'll pass that on - presumably it's saorview compatible?

I know she was looking at the Panasonic TX49FX550B that you guys have for 419. What do you think of that one?

Thanks, I'll pass that on - presumably it's saorview compatible?

I know she was looking at the Panasonic TX49FX550B that you guys have for 419.  What do you think of that one?
    Hi budgemook,

This TV is Saorview compatible.

The Pana is a great TV as well but if you're looking for the best panel the Philips would be my first choice. The smart hub lets the Philips down a little but if that's not important to you it's the best screen.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

Thanks, I'll be back to you ASAP

Thanks, I'll be back to you ASAP
    No problem, keep me posted.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.