Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find a childminder in Swords?

• 17-06-2019 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

We put our child's name down in creches just after she was born, but doesn't look like she'll get a place in Swords at all this year.

Does anyone have any recommendations for childminders in the area? Doesn't help that we don't really know anyone in the area!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm not sure how many posters we have in the forum who live in Swords and have young children. There's an active Swords Buy & Sell group on Facebook where I've often seen requests like yours replied to. It's a private group but they'll add you quickly enough.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Swordsbuyandsell/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Www.schooldays.ie is a good resource.
    Also two closed facebook groups....Childminders Dublin North, and Balbriggan Childminders, I think they are.You can find them on FB and request to be added.I have seen a good few ads up on those from around Swords.Hopefully you will find someone, it seems to be tough at the moment-childcare is really squeezed right now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Much as I hate saying this,it may also be worthwhile looking at whether you need to put her name down for ECCE and even primary schools now too, to get a place that you want.Could be worth ringing around and asking.

Advertisement