Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of site map

Options
  • 17-06-2019 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭

Hello, just a quick question in relation to site maps. I will be getting a site signed over to me soon. My solicitor asked me to get a land registry map from my architect which I did. The map arrives with a bill of €300+ which did seem expensive but not being au fait with building etc. I was back with architect and mentioned the price which shocked them. The architect has been paid his fee. I contacted the architect and was told that the first invoice was an error and gave me an invoice for 50% of original cost. My solicitor felt that this cost should have been in my fees as architect had seen the site and already submitted plan with planning application. Am I being ripped off?? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Planning applications and legal mapping are not usually bundled together.
    Certified land registry maps would always be an extra with us approx 250 plus vat including the land registry compliant map.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hello, just a quick question in relation to site maps. I will be getting a site signed over to me soon. My solicitor asked me to get a land registry map from my architect which I did. The map arrives with a bill of €300+ which did seem expensive but not being au fait with building etc. I was back with architect and mentioned the price which shocked them. The architect has been paid his fee. I contacted the architect and was told that the first invoice was an error and gave me an invoice for 50% of original cost. My solicitor felt that this cost should have been in my fees as architect had seen the site and already submitted plan with planning application. Am I being ripped off?? Thanks in advance.

€150 is a bargain. I’d say you only got that price because he done the planning.
    It requires a new land register compliant map to be bought from OSi and then some drawing.

Seen on this week and the cost was €300 plus vat here in Dublin. Basic, sub division of site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Thanks for the replies. I wouldn't have queried it only my solicitor said it to me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks for the replies. I wouldn't have queried it only my solicitor said it to me.

Solicitor is talking crap tbh
    They are 2 distinctly different maps.

Ask the solicitor if he will drop his price for Land Registry registration as he has already been acting on your behalf and see what he says then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

kceire wrote: »
    Solicitor is talking crap tbh
    They are 2 distinctly different maps.

Ask the solicitor if he will drop his price for Land Registry registration as he has already been acting on your behalf and see what he says then :)

I'll try it and report back :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement