Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend pizza in the city

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Wompa1 wrote: »
    What do people here recommend to get at Dough Bros on the pizza? Maybe I need to try it again.

Posh Pepperoni or Hey Pesto (veg)
    (with a roast garlic dip)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pmason

++++++Pizza di Napoli IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

pmason wrote: »
    ++++++Pizza di Napoli IMO

Always found them quite good myself, and often overlooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

Always found them quite good myself, and often overlooked.

Yup, very good with just getting a slice to go, very reasonable.

However, think they close for month of January. They did last year, so if you see it closed don't panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Is Monroes not good anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Is Monroes not good anymore

no, they've been using **** bases and ingredients now for years, was the nicest pizzas in town for years, but years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

pure.conya wrote: »
    no, they've been using **** bases and ingredients now for years, was the nicest pizzas in town for years, but years ago

Ya but that was before anywhere did real or good pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

Ya but that was before anywhere did real or good pizza.

Agreed, I used to frequent the place a lot but their standards dipped and far higher standards were set by newcomers. Haven't gone for pizza for a long time now and don't plan on returning either knowing there is much better out there.

If ya want your pints and pizza then go to mcginns or o Connelly's (dough Bros), I haven't tried carrols so cant rate.

Note: Inside dough Bros main restaurant you can get their craft bottled beer there too. Tis grand but mcginns have a bigger craft selection on tap and bottled to suit taste.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Any time I am in the city I always head to Fat Freddy's for pizza. First ate there about 20 years ago.

I have never been disappointed there.

Advertisement