Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google discontinuing DRIVE/PHOTOS syncing!

Options
  • 18-06-2019 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

I got a pop up from Backup and Sync this morning about this:

https://support.google.com/photos/answer/9316089?p=bus_transition&hl=en-GB&visit_id=636964461186651866-3256093580&rd=1

I found it so handy that I could take a photo on my phone and it would automatically sync to Google Photos and then to my laptop hard drive through Backup and Sync.

I had all settings set to sync:
    • If you sync photos and videos from Google Drive in Google Photos
    • If you use the Google Photos folder in Google Drive
    • If you upload your photos to Google Photos with Backup & Sync

And it worked great! Especially for the likes of business receipts, I'd just snap them and then sort them into a relative folder on my laptop.

Now I'm not sure what to do :( Will be a pain to have to manually go through all photos and sync them and I'm not exactly sure how it's going to deal with storage space in doing that either!

Advertisement