Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing a hob

Options
  • 18-06-2019 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Our ceramic induction hob cracked at the weekend so I need to replace it.

I’m going like for like with the same brand but a newer model.

Both hobs have 4,600W electrical connection rating.

I had a quick look behind the kickboard and can see the existing hob is wired to a connector box. The oven is also wired in here and I presume the remaining lead is going to the isolator switch on the wall.

The fuse box has a Garo B32 GR MCB.

Am I right in thinking I just need to disconnect the existing hob from the connector box and connect the new hob in the same way?

Seems like a waste of €40 to get the power city driver to do it...

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

nialldinho wrote: »
    Hi guys

Our ceramic induction hob cracked at the weekend so I need to replace it.

I’m going like for like with the same brand but a newer model.

Both hobs have 4,600W electrical connection rating.

I had a quick look behind the kickboard and can see the existing hob is wired to a connector box. The oven is also wired in here and I presume the remaining lead is going to the isolator switch on the wall.

The fuse box has a Garo B32 GR MCB.

Am I right in thinking I just need to disconnect the existing hob from the connector box and connect the new hob in the same way?

Seems like a waste of €40 to get the power city driver to do it...

Thanks

In most cases it is just like for like. Hobs don’t generally come pre wired. You may need some heat proof cable if the old cable is in poor condition. Make sure you check your terminations are all tight and then before you finish double check all terminations are tight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Don't forget to switch off the power at the fuse board, because if you forget you may not get a second chance.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Thanks guys!

Advertisement