Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AO in a HEO role

Options
  • 18-06-2019 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Any advice? How does it affect my future regarding promotion to AP etc. Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

audrey2014 wrote: »
    Any advice? How does it affect my future regarding promotion to AP etc. Any advice?

Why would it effect your chances of promotion? Are you doing tasks beneath the grade or something? Promotions are not too concerned with grades, it's the projects you take on, experience, and interview that get you the job. I've seen Clerical Officers get HEO roles on the back of good performance at interview and solid comptency examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

Hal3000 wrote: »
    Why would it effect your chances of promotion? Are you doing tasks beneath the grade or something? Promotions are not concerned with grades, it's the projects you take on, experience and interview that get you the job. I've seen Clerical Officers get HEO roles on the back of good performance at interview and solid comptency examples.

Hi. No. I've just seen some HEOs struggle to get on panels is all. Because they were running say, a debt management unit, and they had no involvement in budget planning and project management etc.

The staff management I know will be good for me.

Advertisement