Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ana Kriegel - Boys A & B found guilty [Mod: Do NOT post identifying information]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Ditto to everyone who smeared B's dad, an innocent man who's life will never be the same. Bye.

At least he knows what happened his child. A shame he wouldn't extend the same courtesy to the Kriegel family

Tazium wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been solved in the lengthy thread. If the boys serve their sentence and are released only to reoffend, does the state then bear any liability in the failure to reform them?

Knowing Ireland, it'd probably be the reoffenders themselves entitled to the compensation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

Ditto to everyone who smeared B's dad, an innocent man who's life will never be the same. Bye.
    8d443323bc3982d76a27438d6404cc72b7926142e4b160c6d41594b396a965c7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

....... wrote: »
    Nobody has suggested that Boy B's father was responsible for Ana's death yet you have suggested that Ana's father was responsible for her death.

You are the only poster here making that kind of disgusting accusation.

I would imagine he is the only poster in Ireland who would even think that way . No one else would sink that low

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I would imagine he is the only poster in Ireland who would even think that way . No one else would sink that low

Pretty much everyone else sank that low by blaming B's dad.... for the record I do not blame Patric, I was trying to illustrate what blaming an innocent person can do. B's dad has suffered enough and doesnt need a gang of keyboard warriors saying he should be locked up with his son. The only people responsible are A & B.

RIP Ana.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/i-can-relax-now-and-not-be-nervous-that-i-would-see-him-mum-after-sons-killer-banned-from-town-35711934.html

That 2017 article states:

Goodwin, formerly of Graigue, Mountmellick, was released last year after a review of psychiatric reports carried out while he was in prison.

So that life sentence was 12 or so years. Not a lot for a deliberate murder. Not much of a deterrent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Nobody has suggested that Boy B's father was responsible for Ana's death yet you have suggested that Ana's father was responsible for her death.

You are the only poster here making that kind of disgusting accusation.

Nobody?
    I believe that the boys' parents should all be arrested and charged with being an accessory to the crime. Boy As mother washed a blood soaked hoodie TWICE! Unless she is intellectual deficienct, she knew what happened. Someone was killed or seriously hurt.
    All four parents stood by these two proclaiming their innocence and interfering brazenly in the face of overwhelming evidence. How they could even show their faces in public after knowing what their kids did is actually staggeringly brazen.

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Im sure he regrets letting her go off that day with B. That doesnt mean he is responsible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Pretty much everyone else sank that low by blaming B's dad.... for the record I do not blame Patric, I was trying to illustrate what blaming an innocent person can do. B's dad has suffered enough and doesnt need a gang of keyboard warriors saying he should be locked up with his son. The only people responsible are A & B.

RIP Ana.

Nobody claimed that Boy B's father was responsible for Ana's death. Show the evidence for this assertion you keep making?

Your mealy mouthed RIP on the end of the post is laughable considering what you have said about the family of a murder victim.

tuxy wrote: »
    Nobody?

That post doesnt say that Boy B's father was responsible for Ana's murder.

KidChameleon stated that Ana's father was responsible for her murder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

That post doesnt say that Boy B's father was responsible for Ana's murder.

Still, claiming that all four parents are accessories is insane!

No I didnt. Please quote the post you are refering to... I have said multiple times Patric is not responsible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Sometimes its best to open the window and let a bad smell fade away rather than encourage it to linger .

No I didnt. Please quote the post you are refering to... I have said multiple times Patric is not responsible.

What, you think I wouldnt be able to re-find it?
    I assume anyone criticizing the parenting skills of boy B's father for supposedly not caring what was going on when the garda was in his house the night Ana disappeared, will be equally as critical of Patric Kriegel. After all, he let Ana go off with a 13 year old boy whom he did not know & he did not know where they were going. Geraldine on the other hand, knew instantly that she should not have been with that boy. If Geraldine were at home at the time boy B called, Ana would be alive now. Why was Geraldine so much more in tune with Ana's life than Patric?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Right, this stops now. It’s going around in circles and detracting from the very good discussion that had been taking place.

If either side continues, there will be cards

dudara

I haven't see this shared on thread yet, it contains a good write up of all of the physical and circumstantial evidence that got the convictions.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/criminal-court/ana-kri%C3%A9gel-the-five-things-that-convicted-boys-a-and-b-of-murder-1.3932346

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I haven't see this shared on thread yet, it contains a good write up of all of the physical and circumstantial evidence that got the convictions.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/criminal-court/ana-kri%C3%A9gel-the-five-things-that-convicted-boys-a-and-b-of-murder-1.3932346

Something in that article caught my attention which led me to wonder if it was done to facilitate better quality photos or video, possibly using a mobile phone as the recording device?

Article quote:
    Gardaí believed the tape had instead been used to drag Ana to the other side of the room, over to where there was more light. It could not be determined if she was conscious or alive at this point.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

The whole tape story is quiet weird.

Something in that article caught my attention which led me to wonder if it was done to facilitate better quality photos or video, possibly using a mobile phone as the recording device?

Article quote:

Between that, Boy B's phone not having been found and Boy B's father deliberately stating on the stand that Boy B had lost two phones, it would seem very suspicious .

The whole tape story is quiet weird.

Guards seem convinced B took it to the scene but it could well have been A. I would imagine the guards took a look at the items B made with the tape such as a bow & arrow. That stuff is VERY strong

• Advertisement

Guards seem convinced B took it to the scene but it could well have been A. I would imagine the guards took a look at the items B made with the tape such as a bow & arrow. That stuff is VERY strong

What’s confusing to me is who owned the tape in the B’s house. It reads like it’s the boy who bought it for side projects, but he apologises to his father for giving some if it (but not all of it) to boy A.

Since most of the tape was still there and it’s the boy’s tape anyway this conversation sounds off.

From what I understand from the article, the tape that was in B's house found by the guards was a different roll. The end of a roll was given to A some time previously. I may be picking it up wrong though

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Between that, Boy B's phone not having been found and Boy B's father deliberately stating on the stand that Boy B had lost two phones, it would seem very suspicious .

Well, it wouldn't be beyond the bounds of belief that the perpetrator of the crime wanted some sort of trophy considering their interest in all things satanic?

I mean if you really wanted to push the theory boat out you could suggest that boy B's phone were not in fact lost but in the possession of boy A, not only to record the event but also to implicate boy B if the need arose? He may have stashed them en-route home as they did go in different directions. You just couldn't overemphasize the devious mind of boy A.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

What I’m confused about is who actually owned or bought the tape for B.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

What’s confusing to me is who owned the tape in the B’s house. It reads like it’s the boy who bought it for side projects, but he apologises to his father for giving some if it (but not all of it) to boy A.

Since most of the tape was still there and it’s the boy’s tape anyway this conversation sounds off.

I thought I read somewhere it belongs to the dad?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

tuxy wrote: »
    How would this work when the majority of children have a greater knowledge of new technology than their parents?

I managed to install it on my own laptop a number of years back. In an elorborate prank on my then housemate, who works in the field of IT. He had been using my laptop at the time to play games and use Facebook, as he was too tight to buy his own and was too afraid to use his work laptop for gaming. He had zero idea that it was on the laptop

Managed to get some of his passwords for his numerous social media accounts. He saw the funny side... eventually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I occasionally have to remind people that if you have even a passing interest in heavy metal there is absolutely nothing odd about satanism in your search history...but I heard no mention of music during the case

What I’m confused about is who actually owned or bought the tape for B.

Again, from the latest article it would appear it was boy B's fathers tape.
    Boy B’s story was backed up by his father, who told the trial he was in the garden with Boy B the weekend before Ana’s murder when his son told him he had lent Boy A the tape.

The father was furious. The tape was expensive and so sticky that it was very difficult to handle. “I became very frustrated. I told him he can’t give anything from my shed to anyone without my permission.”

Again, from the latest article it would appear it was boy B's fathers tape.

Yes but that doesn’t make a lot of sense because previously boy B said he was using the tape for his own personal projects.

• Advertisement

Yes but that doesn’t make a lot of sense because previously boy B said he was using the tape for his own personal projects.

He did. The tape was €30 bucks a roll and I'd imagine the father was happy for his own son to use it but not to be giving it away to other people. A let them buy their own attitude perhaps?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement