Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ana Kriegel - Boys A & B found guilty [Mod: Do NOT post identifying information]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,284 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I was talking to my neighbour today and she was saying that Boy A's parents are good people and they are devastated there boy could do what he did but Boy B's parents are not very nice people and that his dad is <SNIP> and not a very nice person. Also the guard who arrested them has said it took all his energy not to kill them evil bastards and even then he was struggling to hold back. Another one of the Guards has not gone back on duty after what she seen that day. She has been getting counselling ever since. How she my neighbour knows all this is she is very well connected.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

AMKC wrote: »
    and that his dad is <SNIP>

OMG. Better lock him up and throw away the key so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Omackeral wrote: »

Apple falls and rots under the free from where it came.

I was talking to my neighbour today and she was saying that Boy A's parents are good people and they are devastated there boy could do what he did but Boy B's parents are not very nice people and that his dad is <SNIP> and not a very nice person. Also the guard who arrested them has said it took all his energy not to kill them evil bastards and even then he was struggling to hold back. Another one of the Guards has not gone back on duty after what she seen that day. She has been getting counselling ever since. How she my neighbour knows all this is she is very well connected.

But isn't this implying that their family background has nothing to do with what they did?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

So you were gossiping with a nosey neighbour at the shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

sullzz wrote: »
    Didn't see anything about the shops mentioned, but a courtcase that had the headlines nationwide and repulsed 99.99% of the entire country, being spoken about :eek:. The nerve of some people.

Road-Hog wrote: »
    What if you were reading Facebook comments or a Twitter feed and you happened to View/read the names..........surely you couldn’t get prosecuted for this....?

Thats like listening to the radio broadcast where the guy accidentally said the name, definitely couldn't be prosecuted

Suckit wrote: »
    Didn't see anything about the shops mentioned, but a courtcase that had the headlines nationwide and repulsed 99.99% of the entire country, being spoken about :eek:. The nerve of some people.

The nerve indeed, unless someone knows the facts about a person, it's rather rude to comment about them on a public forum in a manner like its fact, dont you think?
    They heard it from a neighbour!
    Why add the fact about boy b dads origin? What has that got to do with anything?
    I'm from the same estate as both boy A and boy B I would know both families to see and to say hello to, but not on a personal level, so for that reason I wouldnt make a public comment on them either way.
    I would know the Kriégels quite a bit better as my daughter goes to the same dance school that Ana did and we often chatted at shows, they are genuine lovely people and Ana was such a lovely friendly girl who always made time to come say hello, it's so upsetting to think we will never see her at the shows again.
    Its heart breaking and scary to think that such a kind beautiful girl could be taken away so easily by 2 evil kids.

RIP Ana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

My utmost respect goes to the Gardai involved in this case . The were professional and never once took their eye off the ball . It would have only taken one slip or one false move to get it struck out. The fact not one move was contended by lawyers says a lot
    Well done to the Gardai , I hope they and the Kriegels are getting all the help they need to cope now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,284 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Omackeral wrote: »

<SNIP>Although I still have no idea what that Kerry farmer was saying on the news yesterday. But what the neighbours Aunt who lives in the same estate as the parents of the two boys told her was that he was a very nasty person.
    But isn't this implying that their family background has nothing to do with what they did?

I think Boy A was used by Boy B. I honestly have no idea what there family background was like and if it had on influence on both of them or not.

Not anywhere near the shops when I was talking to my neighbour and no they are not nosey just talk to a lot of people. They even know the name of one of the boys maybe the two of them and said one of the names to me but I have forgotten it because its not for me to deal with its for the law of the land now and I am sure we will find out in four years anyway when hopefully if there is any justice they go to serve out the rest of there miserable selfish evil little lives in prison.
    The nerve indeed, unless someone knows the facts about a person, it's rather rude to comment about them on a public forum in a manner like its fact, dont you think?
    Why add the fact about boy b dads origin? What has that got to do with anything?
    I'm from the same estate as both boy A and boy B I would know both families to see and to say hello to, but not on a personal level, so for that reason I wouldnt make a public comment on them either way.
    I would know the Kriégels quite a bit better as my daughter goes to the same dance school that Ana did and we often chatted at shows, they are genuine lovely people and Ana was such a lovely friendly girl who always made time to come say hello, it's so upsetting to think we will never see her at the shows again.
    Its heart breaking and scary to think that such a kind beautiful girl could be taken away so easily by 2 evil kids.

RIP Ana.

I certainly did not mean to be rude. I think its absolutely terrible and so sad what happened to that poor girl. I was just saying what my neighbour said. She told me the name of one of the boys too but I have forgotten it as it is for the law to deal with that evil scum now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@AMKC - I’ve had to snip your posts twice now to remove potentially identifying information. Please do not give any further information that could help identify the boys and their families.

dudara

RIP Ana.
    I don't think being rude is really something the parents need worry about.
    I also don't think the parents are to blame. I didn't see any of the identifying information either, so I didn't know what was posted other than somebody is of the opinion that one set of parents are decent and the others are not.
    I still don't think it is considered gossiping considering the media attention that this case got, and worse the actual case itself.
    I think the two boys may have gotten off lightly, especially if they get out within 10 years. Oberstown is often considered and described as luxurious by people who have been there and worked there.
    What they did to Ana was heinous and vile, the lowest of the low. Pure scum conniving to take an innocent, naive girl away from her house and family under the guise of meeting a boy she was attracted to, to sadistically beat her so brutally, to her death and then leave her body there prolonging the parents agony. Then prolonging their agano again for another year with their pathetic plea of 'not guilty'.
    So you will have to excuse me if I couldn't care less if the parents or you think that somebody is being rude 'gossiping' about them.
    Whether or not you live in the same estate as them or Australia is utterly irrelevant to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,335 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

dudara wrote: »
    @AMKC - I’ve had to snip your posts twice now to remove potentially identifying information. Please do not give any further information that could help identify the boys and their families.

dudara

I know you have to do that and I know why you have to do that but every time I read it or I hear about the contempt cases against the media like during the week, I sick up in my mouth a little bit at what supposes to represent natural justice in this State.

Like in sexual abuse cases, Ana's parents as the victims should be able to waive the anonymity of the convicted killers if they wish. This aspect of Children's Act is now repugnant to the wishes of the People and requires legislative review.

If you are old enough to rape and murder someone, you are old enough to stand in the judgement of ALL the People.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Not that it makes any real difference, I learned two more bits about A & B I didn't already know. One before the <SNIP> & the other still here.

Just goes to show, no matter how well it's policed the Info still gets to the public domain in the end.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I don't think being rude is really something the parents need worry about.
    I also don't think the parents are to blame. I didn't see any of the identifying information either, so I didn't know what was posted other than somebody is of the opinion that one set of parents are decent and the others are not.
    I still don't think it is considered gossiping considering the media attention that this case got, and worse the actual case itself.
    I think the two boys may have gotten off lightly, especially if they get out within 10 years. Oberstown is often considered and described as luxurious by people who have been there and worked there.
    What they did to Ana was heinous and vile, the lowest of the low. Pure scum conniving to take an innocent, naive girl away from her house and family under the guise of meeting a boy she was attracted to, to sadistically beat her so brutally, to her death and then leave her body there prolonging the parents agony. Then prolonging their agano again for another year with their pathetic plea of 'not guilty'.
    So you will have to excuse me if I couldn't care less if the parents or you think that somebody is being rude 'gossiping' about them.
    Whether or not you live in the same estate as them or Australia is utterly irrelevant to me.

Calm down, you're excused .
    Your opinion means nothing to me, I wasnt replying to your post, so i dont really care what is irrelevant to you, your attitude is embarrassing.
    Some serious amount of trolling on this thread is disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I’m almost completely uninterested in the identity of the boys and/or their parents. It doesn’t matter right now in the vast scheme of things.
    I think it would matter if they were from the upper echelons of Irish society and there was any suggestion that power or money was going to influence sentencing, or from a terribly poor background and the judge was being put under pressure to take that into account.
    But they seem to be ordinary kids from an ordinary background who turned into monsters out of the blue.
    I’m very interested in the sentence they are going to get however and I do think that whenever they emerge back into society they need to be identified so that the rest of us can decide for ourselves wether we think we want to associate with them or not.
    I don’t care what rehabilitation either of them get I would never ever trust either of them again.

Calm down, you're excused .
    Your opinion means nothing to me, I wasnt replying to your post, so i dont really care what is irrelevant to you, your attitude is embarrassing.
    Some serious amount of trolling on this thread is disgusting.
    Not sure how you read my post, but I couldn't have been calmer if I had taken a ton of xanax. Not really sure what attitude you are referring to either. You are the one posting "My daughter went to the same dance school with Ana and I live in the same estate as the murderers".. Not really sure if you think that means you have some sort of relevance or insight?

Oh, and you quoted my post, so I'm pretty sure you were replying to it.

Anyway.

My only interest from here on in, is really that the two of them get a severe enough sentence that insures some sort of justice is done for Ana, as going by previous murders committed by under 16 year olds, the sentence did not seem near enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

My only interest from here on in, is really that the two of them get a severe enough sentence that insures some sort of justice is done for Ana, as going by previous murders committed by under 16 year olds, the sentence did not seem near enough.

If they get a life sentence it will be the parole board that really decides how long they serve and will probably be close to a decade before anyone has any idea what that sentence will be. It sounds like they think they will somehow avoid a life sentence, is that correct? And what info do you base that on?

Not me, other posters here earlier in the thread, who seemed to know what they were talking about when it comes to the law and sentencing, and acknowledged this is relatively new ground etc. Seemed to think that they will both be out before they are in their mid 20's if their psychological reports come back good for them.
    I think it was posted a few times that B could get out even earlier.
    Going by previous Oberstown detainees turning 18, they usually end up going to Dundrum was something else I saw mentioned, so it doesn't really seem like they will ever properly be punished (imo) accordingly.
    I think the closest that we have had to this is Darren Goodwin who murdered Darragh Conroy, he was sentenced in 2004 and was released after 13 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Not me, other posters here earlier in the thread, who seemed to know what they were talking about when it comes to the law and sentencing, and acknowledged this is relatively new ground etc. Seemed to think that they will both be out before they are in their mid 20's if their psychological reports come back good for them.
    Going by previous Oberstown detainees turning 18, they usually end up going to Dundrum was something else I saw mentioned, so it doesn't really seem like they will ever properly be punished (imo) accordingly.
    I think the closest that we have had to this is Darren Goodwin who murdered Darragh Conroy, he was sentenced in 2004 and was released after 13 years.

What is punishment in prison supposed to be......modern ‘punishment’ is simply to deprive one of ones liberty........exercise, recreation meals etc are provided but the freedom to decide to goto the pub, shop when ever one pleases is gone.....oberstown probably will Allow them video games/iPods etc and maybe very supervised day trips but I can’t see any form of the above being a holiday camp for detainees, (even these two abominarions of humans) especially, when you think about why the normal teen is out doing what they like when they like etc......so for these two animals a 30/40 year term or more being detained in a proper prison once they reach 18 would seem like a good term. Whether this reforms them or not is another question......are they beyond repairing.....? Don’t think it’s possible to wipe their ‘hard drives’ (brain) clean and start again....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭forumdedum

What's in Dundrum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Not sure how you read my post, but I couldn't have been calmer if I had taken a ton of xanax. Not really sure what attitude you are referring to either. You are the one posting "My daughter went to the same dance school with Ana and I live in the same estate as the murderers".. Not really sure if you think that means you have some sort of relevance or insight?

Oh, and you quoted my post, so I'm pretty sure you were replying to it.

Anyway.

Troll, get a life.
    Dont put inverted commas on wording I never typed .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Troll, get a life.
    Dont put inverted commas on wording I never typed .

You are the one who came in accusing another poster of 'gossiping' in a current affairs forum thread :rolleyes:, you couldn't have expected no reaction. Pretty sure you're still trolling with your replies.

You are the one who came in accusing another poster of 'gossiping' in a current affairs forum thread :rolleyes:, you couldn't have expected no reaction. Pretty sure you're still trolling with your replies.
    =
    Yep you're 100% correct. Well done now move on.
    Why would I troll a thread about the death of a teenage girl I knew.
    Show some respect and get a life you inconsiderate excuse for a human.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Monumental

Totally heartbroken for Ana ,a horrific death at the hands of two teens ,unfortunately they will never pay the price for their actions . Personally I want them to suffer as Ana did but society wont let this happen Really angry and hope they struggle wirh their actions for the rest of their lives Remember this could have been your daughter ,grandaughter or great grandaughter no one should die like this RIP Ana x

=
    Yep you're 100% correct. Well done now move on.
    Why would I troll a thread about the death of a teenage girl I knew.
    Show some respect and get a life you inconsiderate excuse for a human.
    Your first post in this thread was to accuse another poster of 'gossiping down the shops with a nosy neighbour'.
    You knew when you posted that, that you weren't contributing anything, and must have been expecting a reaction by purposefully throwing in accusations. You still haven't posted anything constructive in the thread. I'm pretty sure that what you are doing is the very definition of a troll.
    Unless you have anything to contribute to the thread, I don't see any point in you posting, other than your reason being more trolling.
    And I honestly have nothing more to say to you.

I would like to get the thread back on topic.

The DPP are worried that the boys will have their identities compromised online again when they are sentenced on Monday the 15th of July.
    The online identification of Ana Kriégel’s murderers has “stabilised” but authorities are worried it will flare up again when the boys are sentenced, a court has heard.
    The Central Criminal Court is dealing with contempt proceedings lodged against Facebook and Twitter for allegedly facilitating the public identification of the two 14-year-old boys, known as Boy A and Boy B, who were convicted of murdering Ana on June 18th.
    Boy A had pleaded not guilty to the murder and sexual assault “involving serious violence” of Ana on May 14th, 2018, at Glenwood House, Laraghcon, Clonee Road, Lucan in Dublin.
    Boy B had pleaded not guilty to the murder of the girl on the same date.
    It is a criminal offence to name the teens or share any information which may lead to their identification.
    Photographs of the boys were shared widely online in the days after their conviction prompting the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) to initiate contempt of court proceedings against the social media giants.
    On Friday, Brendan Grehan SC, representing the DPP, said “matters are stable” but the Director has “very real concerns matters could flair up again given sentencing process is at particularly delicate stage.”
    Boys A and B are to be sentenced on July 15th by Mr Justice Paul McDermott.
    Mr Grehan asked Mr Justice Michael White to continue an previous order compelling Facebook and Twitter to immediately remove any posts identifying the boys on their platforms.
    Counsel for Facebook, Rossa Fanning SC, said it had no objection to the order being continued.
    He said Facebook has taken all reasonable steps to ensure compliance and that the DPP seemed to acknowledge this was the case.
    Counsel for Twitter, Andrew Fitzpatrick SC, also did not object to Mr Grehan’s application. He handed in an affidavit from Twitter outlining the steps it had taken to comply with the order.

Mr Justice White agreed to continue the order until July 26th when the matter will be mentioned again.
    Meanwhile, gardaí are continuing to conduct interviews with social media users accused of sharing photographs of Boy A and Boy B.
    The Facebook and Twitter case is one of several contempt proceedings arising out of the seven-week trial.
    On Monday, a journalist was fined €2,500 for accidentally naming Boy A during a radio interview the day after conviction. The radio station, Red FM, was fined €10,000.
    The court is also due to rule if the editor of the Irish Daily Mail is responsible for a front page headline printed during the trial which mischaracterised the evidence against the boys.

I personally hope the Judge will impose a life sentence on both. Knowing they wouldn't serve anywhere near life anyway as it will be reviewed, but it might make them take their rehabilitation seriously.
    Goodwin apparently didn't even partake in any of his rehabilitation classes until the final 12 months before his review, which no doubt was the reasoning behind it.
    I realise you that they couldn't be forced to take the classes, but there should be some sort of extension on their case when their review comes up, if they haven't been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Monumental wrote: »
    Totally heartbroken for Ana ,a horrific death at the hands of two teens ,unfortunately they will never pay the price for their actions . Personally I want them to suffer as Ana did but society wont let this happen Really angry and hope they struggle wirh their actions for the rest of their lives Remember this could have been your daughter ,grandaughter or great grandaughter no one should die like this RIP Ana x

The only aspect of this horrific crime imo which could have possibly prevented these two psychotic scotes from doing what they did - would have been a proactive control of the aparent aggressive bullying and ostracization which Ana was subject to. In this the school are at least partially culpable imo. Despite meeting with her parents and being advised of their daughters difficulties regarding abuse being adopted etc - it would appear from the media reports at least they did little or nothing. The fact that the ongoing bullying by her peers was well known is in itself abhorrent and inexcusable. Hopefully this may be a wakeup for other schools.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    My utmost respect goes to the Gardai involved in this case . The were professional and never once took their eye off the ball . It would have only taken one slip or one false move to get it struck out. The fact not one move was contended by lawyers says a lot
    Well done to the Gardai , I hope they and the Kriegels are getting all the help they need to cope now

100% agree.

Every single one of them deserve great praise for the way that this case was handled from start to finish. It has to have been one of the most difficult cases ever, I am guessing, for the gardai involved.

Disappointing if what is alluded to upthread is true that someone described as 'well connected' is tattling to all and sundry about things gardai may or may not have said, and whether or not some may have needed to take leave and require counselling.

That is nobody's business, IMO. And I certainly hope that the gardai involved are receiving appropriate support.

Actually it's more than disappointing, it's disgraceful - if that is true - that someone is breaking confidence in relation to things they presumably heard or know through their work / being 'well connected'.

RIP Ana, and huge credit to everyone who contributed to ensuring that justice was done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement