Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ana Kriegel - Boys A & B found guilty [Mod: Do NOT post identifying information]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Balagan1

splinter65 wrote: »
    Journalists employed by him, under his direction, answerable to him, went on the radio and broke the law.

There are two separate cases of fining involved, The Irish Daily Mail newspaper and editor for the headline during the trial and Cork's Red FM station and journalist for naming after conviction.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭mrjoneill

Except personally I do think this or want to believe this was a lose the reason ‘crime of passion’ situation
    I’m not convinced A wanted to kill her.
    She evidently fought back against his carefully laid plans and it escalated and he became enraged and was fvckin brutal.
    But.
    That’s all he had to say in interviews with police and he didn’t though. It was meant to be this and it escalated into that.
    So it was premeditated murder it seems.

The fact he didn’t respond or engage even trying to save his own skin is utterly chilling.

I don't believe it, Ana was led 3km from her home to an isolated building. She was led from leixlip village into Lucan village to lay the blame in Lucan. I believe brutal murder was what was planned in advance with a sexual element. From the blood spatter, Ana received a serious assault when standing. I have stated this previously which is horrendous to comprehend how a naive girl was led into a isolated house by 2 13yr olds. I believe Ana was led by Boy B into the house into a dark room where Boy A was waiting with a weapon and he immediately hit Ana in the head fracturing her eye socket, and this continued on her face and back of the head. It would seem he then flipped her in a judo movement & on the ground again repeatedly beat her with a weapon from the blood spatter. Boy A then engaged in manual strangulation of Ana while "tearing" her clothes from her body. He then proceed to sexually assault with a likely rape. This is of a seriously injured, broken eye socket, deep scalp wounds bleeding profusely suffocated girl. And Boy B watched it all if not obstructed Ana's escape.
    These are not humans, these are like wild animals of the jungle. How do you rehabilitate such evil and its compounded by their trial and pre-trial antics. I saw no evidence from these two evil monsters that anything escalated. Boy B stated that he was misled by Boy A, but there was not evidence to support this. Boy B tried his best to deny his own involvement and that of Boy A. I can only see one reason for Boy B trying to protect Boy A that was to protect himself, ie Boy A telling it was Boy B planned. Boy B tries to come across as the gullible loving mammy-boy exploited by the more devious Boy A. But he is far from it, more like a devious twisted evil monster that belies his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 corpusvile

From the blood spatter, Ana received a serious assault when standing.
    I believe Ana was led by Boy B into the house into a dark room where Boy A was waiting with a weapon and he immediately hit Ana in the head

These are very pertinent points & it's specifically what I was thinking of when I said that there was a calculated aspect to the violence. It's like they wished to subdue her immediately so that By A could proceed with sexual assault and murder. I'm quite convinced, bard as it were, that both had a murder planned, not solely an assault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

mrjoneill wrote: »
    I don't believe it, Ana was led 3km from her home to an isolated building. She was led from leixlip village into Lucan village to lay the blame in Lucan. I believe brutal murder was what was planned in advance with a sexual element. From the blood spatter, Ana received a serious assault when standing. I have stated this previously which is horrendous to comprehend how a naive girl was led into a isolated house by 2 13yr olds. I believe Ana was led by Boy B into the house into a dark room where Boy A was waiting with a weapon and he immediately hit Ana in the head fracturing her eye socket, and this continued on her face and back of the head. It would seem he then flipped her in a judo movement & on the ground again repeatedly beat her with a weapon from the blood spatter. Boy A then engaged in manual strangulation of Ana while "tearing" her clothes from her body. He then proceed to sexually assault with a likely rape. This is of a seriously injured, broken eye socket, deep scalp wounds bleeding profusely suffocated girl. And Boy B watched it all if not obstructed Ana's escape.
    These are not humans, these are like wild animals of the jungle. How do you rehabilitate such evil and its compounded by their trial and pre-trial antics. I saw no evidence from these two evil monsters that anything escalated. Boy B stated that he was misled by Boy A, but there was not evidence to support this. Boy B tried his best to deny his own involvement and that of Boy A. I can only see one reason for Boy B trying to protect Boy A that was to protect himself, ie Boy A telling it was Boy B planned. Boy B tries to come across as the gullible loving mammy-boy exploited by the more devious Boy A. But he is far from it, more like a devious twisted evil monster that belies his age.

I don’t think there is any evidence that says they led her to Laraghchon to lay the blame on Lucan . The house was abandoned and empty and I imagine that was the reason for bringing her to that point .I doubt they were even that cute , well Boy A sure wasn’t as he brought his murder pack home with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

when is sentencing expected?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 corpusvile

Supposed to be on the 15th afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,335 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

mloc123 wrote: »
    when is sentencing expected?

Can't come soon enough with the amount of shyte being talked on here - not that the sentencing will stop that mind you.

Lads on here making up their own stories that we heard none of in evidence. Can ye leave the prurient fantasy detailing to your own odd minds please, every word of shyte disrespects the poor girl's memory and dignity.

What you believe or do not believe is irrelevant, the jury heard far more than the rest of us did due to the circumstances of the trial and their verdict is good enough.

Some punctuation wouldn't go amiss either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Can't come soon enough with the amount of shyte being talked on here - not that the sentencing will stop that mind you.

Lads on here making up their own stories

I personally lost it at the judo move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Omackeral wrote: »

Isn't that on the official record?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭McCrack

There was a suggestion that murderer A had some kind of martial arts training and had flipped her over in the attack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Omackeral wrote: »

That’s how boy b described what he saw boy a do to Ana .

Larbre34 wrote: »

Lads on here making up their own stories that we heard none of in evidence. Can ye leave the prurient fantasy detailing to your own odd minds please, every word of shyte disrespects the poor girl's memory and dignity.

What you believe or do not believe is irrelevant, the jury heard far more than the rest of us did due to the circumstances of the trial and their verdict is good enough.

Some punctuation wouldn't go amiss either.

What did you read here that’s not a matter of record?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭leitrim4life

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/gang-rape-germany-m-lheim-boys-teenage-age-criminality-police-a8997636.html

After a gang rape in Mannheim the Germans are now looking at reducing the age of responsibility .Two of the five were only 12 .

Sure wasn't there a gang rape in leixlip a few years ago where they were all juvenile? If memory serves me they all went to same school as Ana and the 2 boyo's. They served no time and one is currently cheered on weekly by crowds at a LoI club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

What did you read here that’s not a matter of record?

I've heard many stories on here about Boy B using a mobile phone to record. And other stories saying Boy B much have attacked her too but had a change of clothes in his back pack so there would be no DNA.
    Some people do get enjoyment out of thinking up these scenarios.

Sure wasn't there a gang rape in leixlip a few years ago where they were all juvenile? If memory serves me they all went to same school as Ana and the 2 boyo's. They served no time and one is currently cheered on weekly by crowds at a LoI club.

I honestly don’t remember that crime ?

tuxy wrote: »
    I've heard many stories on here about Boy B using a mobile phone to record. And other stories saying Boy B much have attacked her too but had a change of clothes in his back pack so there would be no DNA.
    Some people do get enjoyment out of thinking up these scenarios.

That’s harmless speculation. It’s not being suggested as fact. It’s perfectly valid for posters to wonder about a 13 year old boy not having a smart phone.
    What harm is being done by the speculation?

That’s harmless speculation. It’s not being suggested as fact. It’s perfectly valid for posters to wonder about a 13 year old boy not having a smart phone.

Some posters have stated it as fact claiming he wouldn't have been there unless he took part in the attack or recorded it.
    I can only guess that these posters think the conviction is not safe and need to create more evidence in their mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

I've never heard such an incident and I've lived in the area all my life and attended that school, do you have a link to the case?

sullzz wrote: »
    I've never heard such an incident and I've lived in the area all my life and attended that school, do you have a link to the case?

You won't find a link as all were underage at the time and they had it scrubbed from google. It was 2009/2010 i think i was working in intel at the time and it was very hush hush as the lads involved were Nigerian and guards afraid of racist vigilantes. They got the charges changes to defilement/sexual abuse etc

Took some digging

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/gardai-quiz-six-teenage-boys-over-alleged-rape-26647886.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I can't get a proper link on mobile, it's not the easiest article to find. None of the 3 were properly charged...one because of a budding football career I believe. But it was the other school not the one in Ana's case. If you Google Judge Mary Ellen Ring and rape Leixlip there are a few links that will bring to the article. Not sure now it managed to be kept so quiet I also live in the area but didn't hear about it for years.

• Advertisement

I can't get a proper link on mobile, it's not the easiest article to find. None of the 3 were properly charged...one because of a budding football career I believe. But it was the other school not the one in Ana's case. If you Google Judge Mary Ellen Ring and rape Leixlip there are a few links that will bring to the article. Not sure now it managed to be kept so quiet I also live in the area but didn't hear about it for years.

My bad on the school, but it's amazing how things can be kept quiet, even from locals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭shanec1928

because that person sued the papers and used the right to be forgotten to have it “erased”. Said person was also recently deported.

Cant believe I never heard about it..

https://www.politicalirish.com/threads/standing-ovation-at-bohemian-fc-for-nigerian-ismahil-akinade-who-sexually-abused-teenage-girl.13264/

sullzz wrote: »

Nor I . How strange we never heard about it but I cannot believe they were not jailed ? They were 16 years old . As my husband said “ old enough to rape then old enough to go to jail “

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

That’s bonkers. Truly. We’re such a small country you’d imagine that would have been everywhere.

Kept that quiet though. Mad

People say we are so small word of mouth is enough and if something major happens everyone will know but actually we are just as reliant on the media as any other country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Would all have been in the school when I was but it happened later. <SNIP> is from a well known big family and for that alone I'm surprised it's not more known.

People say we are so small word of mouth is enough and if something major happens everyone will know but actually we are just as reliant on the media as any other country.

The woman i was renting the room from at the time said leixlip was 2 different villages forced to be one town, she kept going on about those "up the hill" as though they were a different species lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

I can only guess that these posters think the conviction is not safe and need to create more evidence in their mind.

Nobody with a right mind has the slightest worry about the conviction. Most are more worried about living next or near the murdering manipulative psychopath on release.

• Advertisement

The woman i was renting the room from at the time said leixlip was 2 different villages forced to be one town, she kept going on about those "up the hill" as though they were a different species lol.

Back in the day it was like 2 different towns.
    I am from " up the hill" originally but now live " up the far end ".
    When I was growing up , in my teens, there was bitter rivalry between the two areas, youd be battered if you ventured between the two on your own.
    When I moved up " the far end" it was strange, I didnt know anyone.

That's a separate thread altogether....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement