Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ana Kriegel - Boys A & B found guilty [Mod: Do NOT post identifying information]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Very very insensitive post there. Do you think they consider themselves "down child benefit"? Do you actually think they ever thought that??? They have lost their child for christ sake, I dont think they are too worried about a few measily euros.

Your accusing me, or anyone else of insensitivity? Now your really taking the proverbial. Not worth a response in fact.
    What you should do here is report my post that you find insensitive and let the mods deal with it. More or less all the other posters have you on ignore at this stage.

Suckit wrote: »
    After Venables was released and arrested again, he was allowed anonymity as an adult which led to the public falsely identifying Scott Bradley as Jon Venables. He couldn't go anywhere without being abused, and in the end took his own life.
    He left a note citing the abuse as the reason.

I didn’t know anything about this. How very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ScottCapper

Atleast chemically castrate the two of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Yes, because that will stop them killing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Didn't take you long to downgrade the previous sentence you were calling for. You will probably be campaigning for their release by tomorrow.

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    Didn't take you long to downgrade the previous sentence you were calling for. You will probably be campaigning for their release by tomorrow.

Our beautifal country is two soft it will probably never happen as long as these lefties are in power.

sullzz wrote: »
    Yes, because that will stop them killing.

It will stop any sexual desires didn’t he rape her?

It will stop any sexual desires didn’t he rape her?

Did boy B?

Did boy B?

Nah, give him a deep sentence and hang boy A

An eye for an eye seems fair

• Advertisement

Nah, give him a deep sentence and hang boy A

Death for either of them would be too easy of a way out for them .
    They should be made feel the pain Ana's parents will feel for the rest of their lives since their innocent young daughter was viciously taken from them.

Death for either of them would be too easy of a way out for them .
    They should be made feel the pain Ana's parents will feel for the rest of their lives since their innocent young daughter was viciously taken from them.

Agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

splinter65 wrote: »
    Your accusing me, or anyone else of insensitivity? Now your really taking the proverbial. Not worth a response in fact.
    What you should do here is report my post that you find insensitive and let the mods deal with it. More or less all the other posters have you on ignore at this stage.

You literally said the Kriegels are down a social welfare payment because Ana was murdered. I actually have no words

Also, why would I report a post because of my feelings? Thats a snowflakes job. Everyone should have their say, its called a discussion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

You literally said the Kriegels are down a social welfare payment because Ana was murdered. I actually have no words

If only

Also, why would I report a post because of my feelings? Thats a snowflakes job. Everyone should have their say, its called a discussion

...in response to your bitter “that’ll teach em” response to someone else’s observation that the parents of the two savages would lose their CB.
    You have lots of words Kidchameleon.
    You’ve used them to make your displeasure at these guilty verdicts and your sense of an injustice having been done to the families of both boys perfectly clear.
    We all hear your pain.

...in response to your bitter “that’ll teach em” response to someone else’s observation that the parents of the two savages would lose their CB.
    You have lots of words Kidchameleon.
    You’ve used them to make your displeasure at these guilty verdicts and your sense of an injustice having been done to the families of both boys perfectly clear.
    We all hear your pain.

Very dishonest debating. I have never expressed displeasure at the guilty verdicts. Yes there are injustices being done to the familys. Do you consider an innocent person being attacked for being related to a killer to be justified?

Collie D wrote: »
    If only

Whats your point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭McCrack

Whats your point?

Still here I see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

You pluck a sentence from the posters post and make it look like they're literally saying "the Kriegels are down a social welfare payment because Ana was murdered" that response was a reply to another poster who mentioned that the killers parents won't be getting children's allowance..... Context is everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I have seen it detailed that in prison- those committed for certain offences often get rough treatment from other inmates. As boy A & B are not being detained in an adult prison - it makes me wonder what their peers and fellow inmates a) know about them and b) the general attitude to the crime they committed. No answers there imo - just something which could possibly affect how they are detained after sentancing?

I also think there was some reference to them possibly being segregated from others? Is this just general speculation or is this a known fact?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I'm pretty sure one paper said that they may be separated quoting the Judge, but they may have taken something he said incorrectly.
    Most other papers seem to think they will be mixed with the others.
    I don't know Oberstown, but I get the impression it's not that big. They may be able to separate them for a week or something like that, but wouldn't think it was possible for any proper length of time.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/views/analysis/teen-killers-of-ana-kriegel-will-spend-next-four-years-at-oberstown-heres-what-they-can-expect-931791.html
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/ana-kriegel-murder-trial-inside-16538480

You pluck a sentence from the posters post and make it look like they're literally saying "the Kriegels are down a social welfare payment because Ana was murdered" that response was a reply to another poster who mentioned that the killers parents won't be getting children's allowance..... Context is everything.

Yes I did this because it has been happening to me non stop, I keep getting taken out of context and further, having complete fabrications said about me. The poster whom you are defending here said that I am "not happy with the guilty verdict", I have never and would never say that. The boys are guilty and it is right that the judiciary found them so. As I have said, it is dishonest debating. We all have differing opinions, it is good to discuss them and perhaps learn from each other, but we will not get there if the discussion is dishonest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Suckit wrote: »
    After Venables was released and arrested again, he was allowed anonymity as an adult which led to the public falsely identifying Scott Bradley as Jon Venables. He couldn't go anywhere without being abused, and in the end took his own life.
    He left a note citing the abuse as the reason.

Thompson, not Venables

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Yes I did this because it has been happening to me non stop, I keep getting taken out of context and further, having complete fabrications said about me. The poster whom you are defending here said that I am "not happy with the guilty verdict", I have never and would never say that. The boys are guilty and it is right that the judiciary found them so. As I have said, it is dishonest debating. We all have differing opinions, it is good to discuss them and perhaps learn from each other, but we will not get there if the discussion is dishonest.

The thread isn't about you pair though and how you chose to become outraged by each other. Can you not put each other on ignore and be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭mrjoneill

Mindset of evil baby-face Scottish schoolboy child killer, 16 yr old Aaron Campbell who was locked up 23hrs in his cell with play-station & TV after his trial but will be encouraged to take educational activities and anger management and sexual control. He will be going to prison when 21.

Aaron Campbell was looking for cannabis when he entered the flat and discovered Alesha MacPhail sleeping in her bed.
    “It has now emerged that in the 12 months prior to the murder the teenager thought about "doing something excessive" including rape.
    And when he set eyes on the child he saw it as a "moment of opportunity".
    Campbell told the psychologist: "At any other time in life, murder wouldn't have been the conclusion. If I was a year younger I don't think I would have done it.
    " There were emotional scenes in the public gallery at the High Court in Glasgow as more horror was heaped on Alesha's family.
    They heard the schoolgirl was initially "drowsy" but as Campbell carried her out of the flat and along the shoreline she became more awake.
    Alesha asked who he was and where they were going.
    Campbell told her he was a friend of her father and that he was taking her home.
    He even gave the child his top as she was cold.
    The details of what happened at the end of their journey were, mercifully, not aired in court.
    But as Campbell was sentenced it was disclosed he told the psychologist he was "mildly amused" police took two days to arrest him after Alesha's body was discovered.All I thought about was killing her once I saw her."
    The teenager also admitted he had to "zip his mouth" to stop himself laughing during the trial.
    Perhaps the most disturbing revelation he volunteered was that he was "quite satisfied with the murder".”
    Lord Matthews said that in setting the term of 27 years, necessarily shorter than if Campbell had been an adult, it was clear to him that “reintegration or rehabilitation are remote possibilities”.

Without remorse the terrible evil he did
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-47568603

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Why are we to look after them if it were in the animal world they would be taken care of....

God I hate our system...

mrjoneill wrote: »
    Mindset of evil baby-face Scottish schoolboy child killer, 16 yr old Aaron Campbell who was locked up 23hrs in his cell with play-station & TV after his trial but will be encouraged to take educational activities and anger management and sexual control. He will be going to prison when 21.

Aaron Campbell was looking for cannabis when he entered the flat and discovered Alesha MacPhail sleeping in her bed.
    “It has now emerged that in the 12 months prior to the murder the teenager thought about "doing something excessive" including rape.
    And when he set eyes on the child he saw it as a "moment of opportunity".
    Campbell told the psychologist: "At any other time in life, murder wouldn't have been the conclusion. If I was a year younger I don't think I would have done it.
    " There were emotional scenes in the public gallery at the High Court in Glasgow as more horror was heaped on Alesha's family.
    They heard the schoolgirl was initially "drowsy" but as Campbell carried her out of the flat and along the shoreline she became more awake.
    Alesha asked who he was and where they were going.
    Campbell told her he was a friend of her father and that he was taking her home.
    He even gave the child his top as she was cold.
    The details of what happened at the end of their journey were, mercifully, not aired in court.
    But as Campbell was sentenced it was disclosed he told the psychologist he was "mildly amused" police took two days to arrest him after Alesha's body was discovered.All I thought about was killing her once I saw her."
    The teenager also admitted he had to "zip his mouth" to stop himself laughing during the trial.
    Perhaps the most disturbing revelation he volunteered was that he was "quite satisfied with the murder".”
    Lord Matthews said that in setting the term of 27 years, necessarily shorter than if Campbell had been an adult, it was clear to him that “reintegration or rehabilitation are remote possibilities”.

Without remorse the terrible evil he did
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-47568603

The 27 years is only the minimum. I doubt if he’ll ever be released. He’s very dangerous clearly.
    Maybe when he’s very old but he’ll be totally institutionalized by then and unable to cope so it’s probably going to be his whole life.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭mrjoneill

The 27 years is only the minimum. I doubt if he’ll ever be released. He’s very dangerous clearly.
    Maybe when he’s very old but he’ll be totally institutionalized by then and unable to cope so it’s probably going to be his whole life.

What I can't get my head around is not a semblance of remorse for the sheer savagery of the crime on a beautiful little kid & the suffering he has wrought. How can such a baby face hide such sheer twisted evil? It would seem he was not in the least put out by the fact he was caught.

There are similarities with Boy A in this, in the lying, unremorseful, evil savagery & the pretense of normality. And Boy A & Boy B had a more prolonged scheming conspiracy for what they did and this was to murder Ana for to sexually assault her and obv Boy B voyeurism for this. Boy A is clearly very dangerous too and one wonders at the wisdom of him ever entering society and being a functional part of it ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Vicarious Function

Was thinking the same, mrjoneill.

Was reading today that the Judge and legal team were back in court again today, dealing with Facebook and Twitter. The Judge is adamant that no photos or other identification of either boys be shared on social media, or there will be serious consequences. He's set a date of up to November 22 i.e after the sentencing is complete, for this ruling to apply. Can we expect that after that date, there will be no more rulings such as this?

Thinking of Boy B, he had so much opportunity to express remorse, but it never seemed to happen. The closest he seemed to come to remorse was when he said he was sorry he didn't listen to his father when he said he could have done something to get help. Also, the way he tried to make out that Ana was to be avoided, not somebody you'd want to be seen with. Even after what they did, he seemed to justify it.

I've nothing to add re Boy A. He seems to be a complete and utter psychopath of the most dangerous kind, that there is no hope for. He should never be let out in society again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,257 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Our beautifal country is two soft it will probably never happen as long as these lefties are in power.

Ah here, Fine Gael described as lefties???:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement