Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ana Kriegel - Boys A & B found guilty [Mod: Do NOT post identifying information]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Davidahig wrote: »
    It's called a comparison.

Boy A said that he could give an explanation for his semen being found on Ana's top.

Now, I'm no doctor but as far as I'm aware there is only one way semen can leave the body. Did he have a container of semen that spilled or something?

This case continues to reminds me of the James Bulger case. The more violent of the boys who actually carried out the worst of the acts may never be heard of again but I can see boy B coming to the attention of the justice system again in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Hal3000 wrote: »

Let's hope the powers that be take notice of this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

No sympathy. Not one ounce. Throw away the key.

It's a well crafted statement. It offers sympathy and remorse and ticks a box for those who feel that counts. It praises Ana's mother's statement and seems empathetic and ticks that box for those who feel that counts. It describes the experience of a child within a grandparent/son relationship context and suggests a different narrative about him for those who feel that counts. By pointing to the gap in his family's life with the boy imprisoned it seeks to suggest an equivalence with the victim's family for those who feel that counts. And it suggests that he will be there in the future to nurture a relationship. (I don't need to add for those...)
    A well crafted statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Thank heavens that nolan is not the judge in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

Yes, people are getting so tired of the judicial system in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Geraldine Kriegel sets it out so vividly. The composure and patience she and her husband have shown have really been inspirational stuff. She had her say today and it painted their suffering and Ana's suffering so clearly.

At what point did she know she was going to die.

Herself and her husband being left to suffer while Ana was missing, all the while someone knew exactly where she was.

The horrendous violation Ana endured.

Being left there to rot for 3 days.

So much of it all has become about Boy A and Boy B. But Ana has been put back to the forefront along with what she suffered and what her family are suffering.

Boy A finally admits he has a part in killing her... I'm sure that's in his own best interests. Certainly not out of any remorse. It's a shame himself and his buddy still can't put the picture together for Ana's family.

But I suppose it doesn't change their situation and everyone knows the Boys murderers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Maybe the grandfather is being sincere ?

Does not bring the girl back I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

That’s a stupid theory: he has already convicted of both.

No need to be rude , the boy may not be aware of all aspects of the law .He is 15 and not a lawyer he is a boy trying to wriggle out of his guilt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

ebbsy wrote: »
    Maybe the grandfather is being sincere ?

Does not bring the girl back I know.

He said boy A is (still) a loving and caring boy! A good actor more like it. Grandad should keep his mouth shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

As much as I hate Boy A for what he did to Ana I detest the other lad, Boy A even more.
    He came across as a right little smart Alec manipulator and kept putting Ana down even after her death. I will always believe, until convinced otherwise, that he was the planner in chief.

I think he still can’t believe he was convicted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,677 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

As much as I hate Boy A for what he did to Ana I detest the other lad, Boy A even more.
    He came across as a right little smart Alec manipulator and kept putting Ana down even after her death. I will always believe, until convinced otherwise, that he was the planner in chief.

you really really hate boy A !!

• Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

2smiggy wrote: »
    you really really hate boy A !!

I hate all murderers and the harm they cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

YOu have no feelings for B so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

xalot wrote: »

Awful. And what’s going to be even worse is the pathetic sentence they’ll most likely get.

Oh thats so sad and heartbreaking . God love them . RIP Ana

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Hal3000 wrote: »
    Awful. And what’s going to be even worse is the pathetic sentence they’ll most likely get.

I'm hoping you may be pleasantly suprised on the sentence for Boy A but I think Boy B will get a very light sentence. I'm expecting at least 10 years for A

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I'm hoping you may be pleasantly suprised on the sentence for Boy A but I think Boy B will get a very light sentence. I'm expecting at least 10 years for A

The fooking pr**ks should never see the light of day.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Masterstroke wheeling out the doddery auld grandfather to sing his praises. Get the violins of sympathy going. Throwing in the bonus "suicidal tendencies"

Making a mockery of the woeful justice system.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Be right back

KaneToad wrote: »
    That would be a little unfair, no? Don't want to give them any avenue for legal challenge...

It's a pity we don't have American type sentencing here.

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    Masterstroke wheeling out the doddery auld grandfather to sing his praises. Get the violins of sympathy going.

Making a mockery of the woeful justice system.
    I am by no means being sympathetic to either boy but that grandfather has been in court with Boy A from his very first appearance . He is in all fairness not doddery , he is a grandfather but that doesn’t make him doddery . I am a grandmother but far from doddery .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

That has me in public very close to tears. I had to read something else immediately.
    I can't even begin to understand how they must feel, and I hope I never will.
    I hadn't realised that her birth family were in contact.
    I hope that the two of them get a lot more than 10 years. 20 years would not be near enough.
    Two thirty something scrotes inflicted on society.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/boy-a-admits-at-sentence-hearing-to-causing-ana-kriegels-death-denies-sexual-assault-960379.html

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I am by no means being sympathetic to either boy but that grandfather has been in court with Boy A from his very first appearance . He is in all fairness not doddery , he is a grandfather but that doesn’t make him doddery . I am a grandmother but far from doddery .
    Would you describe a grandchild convicted of sexual assault and murder as "kind and loving"?

The way he describes his grandson seems to indicate he is missing quite a few screws and is badly disconnected from reality.

DellyBelly wrote: »
    You think 10 years would be a decent sentence?
    Nowhere near in my opinion.
    10 years would be nothing and would surely (hopefully) create some sort of public outcry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

It would be best if both were simply terminated.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Earlier, the court heard that Boy A has told staff at Oberstown detention centre that he killed Ana, but does not accept that he sexually assaulted her.

In a report taken at Oberstown by healthcare professionals since his conviction, Boy A said that he understands that he caused Ana’s death.

Prosecution counsel Brendan Grehan told the court that in the report, Boy A describes how he used a headlock, a chokehold, hit Ana with a stick and ultimately with a block.

I am winding myself up reading this. The Grandfather must have known that boy A admitted that before he read his statement.
    If he had any decency he should have only expressed remorse for Ana and sat back down.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Would you describe a grandchild convicted of sexual assault and murder as "kind and loving"?

The way he describes his grandson seems to indicate he is missing quite a few screws and is badly disconnected from reality.
    No I wouldn’t . My point was he is not doddery simply by being a grandfather . He might be very blind to his grandchilds discusting behaviour but that not doddery its plain stupid . I just hate the word doddery just because someone is older
    Nor was he “ wheeled out “ , he was there from day 1 in court . Personally I think he should have shut his mouth and simply shown respect to Anas family as he knew the horrors of his grandsons behaviour .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

If there was a proper justice system them 2 would never see the light of day again.
    Either lock them up for life and work them every day until they die or else save the tax payer the cost and bring back the death penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

If there was a proper justice system them 2 would never see the light of day again.
    Either lock them up for life and work them every day until they die or else save the tax payer the cost and bring back the death penalty.
    It's not allowed with minors. Even detention is seen as a last resort but they can probably expect time in the Big House once their junior cycle is up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Jesus.

I'd consider myself fairly emotionless, but that's heartbreaking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement