Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ana Kriegel - Boys A & B found guilty [Mod: Do NOT post identifying information]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Has Aaron Connolly been sentenced for the murder of Cameron Reilly yet?
    That was around the same time, and he was 17 I think when he murdered him. Another scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Id vote yes to bring back the death penalty for such crimes.

I'd still vote no because even on a case by case basis mistakes are made.
    While it may make me feel better on crimes that make me very angry as a whole it would not benefit society.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

tuxy wrote: »
    I'd still vote no because even on a case by case basis mistakes are made.
    While it may make me feel better on crimes that make me very angry as a whole it would not benefit society.

And I would vote "NO" for the death penalty too, although at time's when I hear of a particularly bad murder / attack etc, my first response would be to "Bring back the Rope " but that would be a knee jerk response at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Surely with an attempted murderer getting 11 years, the boys should be getting in the region of 20 for actual murder along with whatever else they did to her beforehand?
    tuxy wrote: »
    If it actually was a deterrent and very few mistakes were made then maybe there might be an argument for it. However it is not a deterrent so I don't see how anyone could be in favour of it unless they get satisfaction out of making the world more miserable.

It might not be a deterrent for the initial murder but it cuts the chances of a murderer serving their sentence then reoffending right down to 0%

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Thinking of Ana, RIP, gentle child - thinking of her parents and family as they await tomorrow's news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Sentencing now. Michael O’Toole on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭mrjoneill

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Graham Dwyer obviously got through school and a significant part of his adult life ‘appearing normal’ to most of his peers apart from being narcissistic and obsessed with status. He was able to hide his extremely deviant/perverted/sicko side very well and but for some rare weather events and diligent police/dectective work would probably still be amongst us.
    There are many people bisexual or even gay and hide this for the whole of their straight married life. Many of these cruise gay cruising parks for to meet same-sex for sex or use out of town business meeting opportuning it to visit gay bars & clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

From what he’s saying I’m guessing Boy A will get indeterminate detention.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,291 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Is it allowed to tweet from court?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Is it allowed to tweet from court?

The case is over (they have already been convicted) so the tweets can't have any influence on the jury or judge so I'd guess it's fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭mrjoneill

I really hope the judge gives them a real sentence because until children of all ages start to see there is consequences to their actions things are going to get a lot worse.

Already we see gangs of youths causing mayhem and there is no deterrent because criminals have more rights than ever before in case their feelings are hurt.
    The cold planned callous murder of Ana had nothing childlike about it. Society has to be protected from these 2 monsters. There was nothing impromptu about it. It was planned to the last detail, the only negative for them was Ana fought back hard. Animal A is seriously disturbed monster which age would only make him more devious & savage. As for Animal B also a devious twisted opportunist. None have regretted their awful deed but getting caught. Monster A g-father talks of a lovely friendly happy g-son he has lost. Its regrettable that the taxpayers of Ireland will have to pay a large fortune to isolate them from society for a very long time. Ana's parents have to suffer the remainder of their lives trying to come to terms with the awful deed done to their beautiful daughter by 2 twisted animals.

Most important part imo.
    They understood the consequences of their actions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Sorry to interrupt the run of things but does anyone find it strange that Boy A is constantly referred to as having come from a good a family but nothing ever said about B's family situation..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

xalot wrote: »
    Sorry to interrupt the run of things but does anyone find it strange that Boy A is constantly referred to as having come from a good a family but nothing ever said about B's family situation..

I think its because he's speaking about Boy A's sentence, and will deal with Boy B after.

xalot wrote: »

Yes. And the Judge just said there that he is not satisfied that Boy A has been fully truthful.

What does that say about Boy B?

I think its because he's speaking about Boy A's sentence, and will deal with Boy B after.

Even when in court previously it was referred to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Suckit wrote: »
    Even when in court previously it was referred to.

Ahh right, I didnt realise.

EDIT:

Appears it was because he was referring only to boy A a the time. onto B now

https://twitter.com/mickthehack/status/1191681452863369216

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

A lot of people hoping for the maximum here, myself included. The country awaits.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement