Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ana Kriegel - Boys A & B found guilty [Mod: Do NOT post identifying information]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

why do the judiciary give concurrent sentences as standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

allybhoy wrote: »
    What does this mean...is it 12 for murder and 12 for aggravated assault or do they run concurrently or what?

They usually do. Makes you wonder why they bother giving any sentence at all!

I’m not happy with 12 years for taking her life.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Nobody can post ID’ing remarks here but in the locality everyone knows theres a reason why people might see he comes off as the mastermind / very cold and robotic but its the same reason he isnt the mastermind.

But that would also be the reason that he does.

He has been consistently described as intelligent.

No matter what he is, he thought he was going to get away with it, and all of his actions showed that and no remorse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

why do the judiciary give concurrent sentences as standard?

This is the biggest farce in our legal system

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭allybhoy

BoyB gets 15.... wow... wasnt expecting that

BREAKING: Boy B detained for 15 years, with review after eight years.

F*ck that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

B gets 15 with review after 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

He'll serve a lot less than 15 years though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

so life and 15 years with review periods. not terrible.

although boy B only got 4 years longer for murder that the lad yesterday got for attempted murder

Reviewed after 8 so he could possibly be out then?

Why can’t they say ****ing 15 and mean 15! This review **** boils my blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Going on averages: A free in 18 years max. B free in 8-9?

Sentences to start from date of conviction

May/June?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭allybhoy

BattleCorp wrote: »

Im not sure, any other case i would agree but this is such a high profile case im sure the DOJ would righly be wary of the public outcry if they were to release him after just 8 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭dzilla

Whats difference between sentenced and detained?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I think it's something to do with how clunky the legislation is for sentencing children.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

because they have to review child convictions

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Imagine being her parents right now. I'm sick of this country's lenient sentencing. Ana didn't get a chance at review them ****s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

This is the biggest farce in our legal system

Because we don't have space in our system to put the little scrotes.

We should build a supermax, with twice the capacity we will ever need to serve as a deterrent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Will these lads be named publicly now?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,871 ✭✭✭✭Penn

so life and 15 years with review periods. not terrible.

No, not terrible. Not long enough, and not sure what would be long enough, but at the very least it's not a case of review once they turn 18 or whatever, and Boy A still did get a life sentence regardless of review. It's a decent and fair sentence all things considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

I think the review it useful. It's less likely that the boys can appeal the sentences and yet the review board may well deny early release if, as was stated earlier, they fail to show remorse or to have achieved any rehabilitation. It acknowledges that they were children in the eyes of the law, yet allows early release to be denied if they haven't changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

dzilla wrote: »
    Whats difference between sentenced and detained?

child detention vs prison

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

And the automatic 1/3 remission too.

Boy b will be out after 8, unless A has some massive psychological improvement I dont think we’ll be seeing him around for another almost 20 years

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭mrjoneill

I don't accept this. I believe Animal B had a homosexual attraction to Animal A and this was his turn on. This was to see Animal A involved in sexual activity with Ana. He has stated he wanted to see them "kiss & make-out" but this is only part of the truth. Animal A made no attempt to have consensual sexual activity with Ana but laid into her with length of timber when she entered the room of the abandoned house striking her repeatedly in the head with considerable force. Both had previously discussed the killing of Ana which adds to both having premeditation intentions. Also if this was to be harmless activity why did it not take place in the open space near the park they lived near. I have no doubt both thought by bringing her into the next village they had committed the perfect crime which is corroborated by having similar stories to cover their tracks. Animal A turn-on was a vicious sexual assault while Animal B participation was to lead Ana to her death for his own voyeuristic fix of Animal A assault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

BattleCorp wrote: »

What is it, a quarter off automatically?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Will these lads be named publicly now?

I don't think they ever will?

Shame, because in 8/15/20/however many years time, this pair of sick little cunts will be free to walk around with the rest of society with anonymity. It is not right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement