Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ana Kriegel - Boys A & B found guilty [Mod: Do NOT post identifying information]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Will these lads be named publicly now?

Probably not till theyre 18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

mrjoneill wrote: »
    I don't accept this. I believe Animal B had a homosexual attraction

Lets hope he finds a release for this attraction in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Judge prohibited identification even after 18

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Joke of a sentence for both of them, neither should be seeing the light of day again. It's Ireland though so was to be expected really, farcical that you can commit such a horrific murder and probably be out in less than ten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

mrjoneill wrote: »
    I believe Animal B had a homosexual attraction to Animal A and this was his turn on.
    ehhh....you've clearly thought about this a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Will these lads be named publicly now?

No, never.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Whattever ablut the years, this is the biggest mock in the face to anas parents and to our nation as a whole, named shamed and pictures published on 18th birthdays would have been atleast something

• Registered Users Posts: 33,871 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I don't think they ever will?

Shame, because in 8/15/20/however many years time, this pair of sick little cunts will be free to walk around with the rest of society with anonymity. It is not right.

I imagine once either of them is due to get out (Boy B most likely first), their name will spread like wildfire. Their identity doesn't really matter once they're inside. When they're due to get out, people will be a lot more interested in finding out who they are, and given where the internet and social media may be at that stage there may be no stopping it regardless of court orders.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I'm not sure what a family takes from a sentencing in such horrific circumstances. But if there is any comfort to be taken from it, I wish the Kriegels all they can take. Their composure throughout has been far more than impressive. I don't know how they did it and how they carry on.

Poor Ana.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Well at least that would be something. The public should have every right to know who these convicted murderers are and if/ when they are released, where they reside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Concurrent sentencing is a ****ing joke and needs to be gotten rid of. Consecutive sentencing needs to be be brought in here quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

“It is clear that she was not in any real position to defend herself from Boy A, but she tried”.

This made me so sad :(

Judge has ordered that they are not to be named, not even after they are 18.

this is a very interesting decision, probably worthy of its own discussion.

it'll be very difficult to keep the names out of wide circulation, whether or not the media are prohibited

rightly so imo. convicted killers should have no right to anonymity

Joke of a sentence for both of them, neither should be seeing the light of day again. It's Ireland though so was to be expected really, farcical that you can commit such a horrific murder and probably be out in less than ten.

Boy A's detention is to be reviewed after 12 years :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

One life ended.

3 families ruined (forever, dare I say it).

2 anonymous gentlemen off on a couple of years holiday happy in the knowledge they can pick up where they left off as nobody will be any the wiser.

I don't care if these two pricks turn their lives around and end up brain surgeons, they should have seen the death penalty.

Over 7 billion people in the world, we should have some standards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭Charles Leclerc

Well at least that would be something. The public should have every right to know who these convicted murderers are and if/ when they are released, where they reside.
    :rolleyes:

The public have no right to this information. Murderers are released every month in Ireland. Why are you all of a sudden wanting to know what they had for breakfast? Classic media fuelled sensationalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Boy A's detention is to be reviewed after 12 years :confused:

I would take it to mean that he has to do a minimum of 12 years and after that they will decide whether to let him out or to keep him imprisoned for another while.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

No point complaining about the judge. The system needs to be re-ordered so that judges must start with higher tariffs before they can order review. In 12 and 8 years time the reviews will probably just slip under the radar, which is a deliberate part of the current system. Will we change the system by making it an election issue? We all know the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The public have no right to this information. Murderers are released every month in Ireland. Why are you all of a sudden wanting to know what they had for breakfast? Classic media fuelled sensationalism.

The public have every right to this information.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭mrjoneill

dzilla wrote: »
    Whats difference between sentenced and detained?
    Detained applic for minor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

yet we have a sex offenders register - but no right to know if the person next door was a murderer or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

The courts protecting identities of convicted murderers indefinitely? Where have we gone wrong? I can understand to some extent anonymity for minors, though given severity of this crime, not quite convinced in this case. But absolutely not when they adults.

Will he be named "Boy A" on the sex offenders’ register (Which doesn't really exist here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

Shambolic sentence but was to be expected. I actually thought it would be less knowing our horribly corrupt judicial system. This is now 100 proof that justice does not exist in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭mrjoneill

Was wondering about this, which is most important for Gardai to keep tabs on him if the beast ever sees freedom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Can the leniency of the sentences be appealed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

riemann wrote: »
    Can someone PM me these little runts names?

Just so if my daughter brings one of them home in the future I'll be able to give her a heads up

"Oh by the was bucko there raped and murdered a 14 year old girl when he was a young lad, hes sound now though"

They'll have different names when they are released.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement