Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ana Kriegel - Boys A & B found guilty [Mod: Do NOT post identifying information]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I don't think the courts are protecting the murderers identity. I think not naming the murderers is protecting their families

The local (& sometimes national) newspapers have regular reports from the courts, where people are named in all manner of cases. These may or may not reflect on families concerned. Why is that good enough for the majority of cases where people are publicly prosecuted and not in this instance? Double standards, influence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

I don't think the courts are protecting the murderers identity. I think not naming the murderers is protecting their families

Well the families are sticking by their two little murderers aren't they?

Can you imagine christmas dinner at boy a's house in 10 years.

'wow this present is very well wrapped, duct tape and all? thanks boy a'

'no problem, oh hand on a second someones at the door'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭Charles Leclerc

Everyone locally or in Ireland who has an Internet connection know who the families and boys are.

Ana has no rights anymore.

These boys do.

That's wrong.
    I spend a significant amount of time on the internet and have followed this case closely and I've no idea of these lads names. Again, more rhetoric from you. The vast majority of this country don't know these lads names.

Stop posting untruths.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

my only complaint with the sentencing would be that Boy B was convicted of murder and only received 4 years longer than that boy in Dun Laoghaire got for attempted murder.

Obviously the kid in DL is very different circumstances. The chances are he'll be transferred to Central Mental Hospital when he's 18 and be effectively serving a life sentence in there. An incredibly tragic case altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Can the leniency of the sentences be appealed?
    Leniency? They got pretty much the max allowable under law.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

They boys will do their time handed down by the judge on behalf of the state. Naming these two will cause public outrage and their innocent families will be targeted. They don't deserve that.

How are things up there on your high horse?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

What a sick and twisted pair of ****s.

Courts falling over themselves protecting this pair, they don't deserve it and they don't deserve any sort of review either.

As a society we need to review our justice system, do we want a system that gives more respect to the perpetrators or more respect to the victims of crime. I want the latter, if it means more paying more tax to have these two locked up for the rest of their days then I am all for it.

Everyone locally or in Ireland who has an Internet connection know who the families and boys are.

Ana has no rights anymore.

These boys do.

That's wrong.

The anonymity is really more about the (innocent) relatives of the boys than the boys themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

What is a "life" sentence in this case?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

No, they do not. Educate yourself on our laws.

That's just bullshit trying to convince yourself you know more than you do. Educate yourself more like

They can't be named because the judge decided so. It was in his ability to allow them to be named now or at 18. He chose it. It's not an actual law.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Imagine people being outraged by a teenager getting sexually assaulted and murdered. Then getting outraged about our joke of a justice system and sentencing.

Shame on us.

riemann wrote: »
    How are things up there on your high horse?
    No high horse here.

While our sentences are lenient in this country, thankfully our laws go some way to protect innocent people from further distress.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

mloc123 wrote: »
    anything from a minimum of 12 years up to until the day he dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I'm surprised by Boy B sentence. I thought it would be max 10 years. I think that will be appealed

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

mloc123 wrote: »

life is always life, no?

Even when people get released it's always on licence.

I would imagine that it's the same in this case even though it is the case of a juvenile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭manbitesdog

life is always life, no?

I would imagine that it's the same in this case even though it is the case of a juvenile.

I *think* the review is intended to revisit the original sentence and could revise it.

That's just bullshit trying to convince yourself you know more than you do. Educate yourself more like

They can't be named because the judge decided so. It was in his ability to allow them to be named now or at 18. He chose it. It's not an actual law.
    Cannot name them now as they are minors. The judge is and was merely reinforcing this due to the baying mob of keyboard warriors.

life is always life, no?

But what does license mean?

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I'm surprised by Boy B sentence. I thought it would be max 10 years. I think that will be appealed
    The fact that BOy B still proclaims his innocence could have something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

DellyBelly wrote: »

he was convicted of murder. he's lucky to get 15

• Advertisement

Cannot name them now as they are minors. The judge is and was merely reinforcing this due to the baying mob of keyboard warriors.

Where were Ana's rights?

Would you not agree that our sentencing is not fir for purpose when it comes to such cases?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

But what does license mean?

if you get into further trouble after release you can be put back in prison

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

life is always life, no?

I thought life in Ireland was really just 20-25 years?

Are these scumbags entitled to remission for good behaviour? Do they get that for murder?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭facehugger99

It's ironic that the ones who bray most loudly for the perpetrators to be named are also the ones who who ensure such a requirement is warranted.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Are these scumbags entitled to remission for good behaviour? Do they get that for murder?

No, not on a life sentence for boy A. He will serve minimum 12.

Boy B may get remission after his 8 year review if he isnt released after the 8 years

Where were Ana's rights?

Would you not agree that our sentencing is not fir for purpose when it comes to such cases?

Ana's family are not at risk of retribution.

I think today's outcome was satisfactory, to be honest. I expected a lot worse, especially in the case of Boy B. Shocked at his sentence, didn't think he'd get more than 10.

Yesterdays case of the boy who attempted to murder a woman and got 11 years, reviewed after 5. Now that's an national outrage. This lad is a proven psychopath. This case didn't get 5% of the coverage of Ana's case so it went pretty much unnoticed.

The media influence on this country's thinking is massive.

Riskymove wrote: »
    if you get into further trouble after release you can be put back in prison

Is that it?

So you can head to the pub whenever you want, go to the shops, browse the internet to your hearts content. Get a job, start a family under a new name so they don’t even have to know who you really are?

Licence means normal life if that’s the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Is that it?

So you can head to the pub whenever you want, go to the shops, browse the internet to your hearts content. Get a job, start a family under a new name so they don’t even have to know who you really are?

Licence means normal life if that’s the case.

There are also certain condition you have to abide by.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Letwin_Larry

will they serve this time in a proper prison, or in some quasi-secure child minding facility?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement