Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ana Kriegel - Boys A & B found guilty [Mod: Do NOT post identifying information]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭Charles Leclerc

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Well let's hope that the media have the guts to name & shame them publicly when they've both turned 18.
    The media will do what the judge tells them to. Thankfully.

Do you think the media care about you and your family? They want to sell papers, end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

i am not in favour of the death penalty, except in cases where there is clear evidence of cruelty to the victim(s).
    however sterilization would "remove" them from the gene pool.

The fact you think like that is worrying
    Maybe go move to china or north korea..im sure they do that type of torture there....

Lads were 13 ffs....not defending them in any way but ive seen posters here want their execution and now this....nothing more than a mob of weirdos feeling brave on the net....just vomiting out your thoughts with no regard for any consequences and the precident it would set.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

They should be named and shamed and forced to live with the consequences of their actions.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

They should be named and shamed and forced to live with the consequences of their actions.

...because naming and shaming always prevents future criminal acts, and other stuff.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

I, and I'm sure most people, have no intention of harming these pieces of crap when they're released but we would like to steer clear of them when they're released.

When they're released would they be free to start a new life in the UK or elsewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

I imagine similar threads have run on boards over the years. Some posters are characterized as a lynch mob, braying, baying for blood. Some take the approach that has dominated the Irish justice system since I’d imagine from the 70’s on: I will characterize that as ultra liberal, belief in redemption of anyone, belief in miracles of rehabilitation, fiercely judgmental and critical of anyone who takes a different view. I wonder if a poll was taken on Boards of whether posters felt the sentence was about right, too lenient or too harsh what would the results be? I wonder if society needs to stop and say we’ve had the approach we’ve had from the 70’s. This is 2019 with far more science and analytic data available. Let’s start a proper review of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭baldbear

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ...because naming and shaming always prevents future criminal acts, and other stuff.....

When these scum are released should the general public not have the right to know they are living beside rapists and murderers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Letwin_Larry

no but in my eyes and many others it's called JUSTICE.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭conorhal

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Strange, if an adult had committed the same murder there wouldn’t be half as much fuss. They’re are only kids for gods sake....

They're only child murderers for God's sake....

Certain types of unusual crimes tend to cause the general public to to ask what sort of failings might have happened at a societal level that might have precipitated them, because they may have broader implications for everybody and not just one particular victim.

When children rape and murder children a serious examination needs to be conducted to ascertain if this crime is an aberration, or some sort of societal 'canary in the coal mine' and an indicator of a broader problem.

It's a bit like the spate of parents killing their children in murder/suicide scenarios over the past few years.

People are wondering what is going on in society when a crime that was once as rare as hens teeth becomes a commonplace headline.

Perhaps the 'fuss' as you call it, might be warranted, because aparently children gang raping children is becoming a thing lately (twice in the past year this has been reported on) and none of this feels like a 'one off' so much as it feels like a progression from some larger failing that disturbs the public psyche to a very great degree and we all want answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

baldbear wrote:
    When these scum are released should the general public not have the right to know they are living beside rapists and murderers?

We live with people who do and have committed many crimes, thankfully extreme crimes, as mentioned, are rare, I.e. you ll be grand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

The only satisfactory outcome at this point is vigilante justice.

Faugheen wrote: »
    You ask me a question that indicates you don’t know what I’m talking about then follow it up with a statement that indicates you do know what I’m talking about.

Stop wasting my time, please. You know exactly what I was trying to say.

cheek of you

you say "dont name them" and hint at some issues with "other kids" that you refuse to clarify.

then you are challenged that not naming them actually raises significantly the seeming likelihood of other kids being put at risk.

then you claim that your position is so self-evident that it's a waste of your time to have it questioned?

youre a character.

care to actually set out any of what you meant in your post, because I'm as well to tell you it was as clear as mud.

conorhal wrote: »
    They're only child murderers for God's sake....

Certain types of unusual crimes tend to cause the general public to to ask what sort of failings might have happened at a societal level that might have precipitated them, because they may have broader implications for everybody and not just one particular victim.

When children rape and murder children a serious examination needs to be conducted to ascertain if this crime is an aberration, or some sort of societal 'canary in the coal mine' and an indicator of a broader problem.

It's a bit like the spate of parents killing their children in murder/suicide scenarios over the past few years.

People are wondering what is going on in society when a crime that was once as rare as hens teeth becomes a commonplace headline.

Perhaps the 'fuss' as you call it, might be warranted, because aparently children gang raping children is becoming a thing lately (twice in the past year this has been reported on) and none of this feels like a 'one off' so much as it feels like a progression from some larger failing that disturbs the public psyche to a very great degree and we all want answers.

no nothing special about these 2 killers. i believe they are genetic aberrations/freaks. such types thankfully are rare, but they have always existed imo.
    the only thing that might be different is the extra (social) media attention and the proliferation of 1st year psychology students thereon.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,029 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

baldbear wrote: »

Unfortunately you could be living beside a rapist or murderer right now and might not even know.

I do agree though that upon release, they should be named. None of this new identity rubbish, live with the consequences of your actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

When Ana’s parents say ‘forever is not long enough’ are they hinting at capital punishment a life for a life sort of thing I wonder?
    Regardless how horrifying this must of being for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

No surprise.

Pathetic sentence from a pathetic judicial system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

To think she just wanted friends. It’s truly haunting.

What were the chances that 2 like minded ‘children’ could come together and even fantasize about doing such a thing, never mind actually carrying it out. I just can’t get my head around it, nor do I want to.

They are already named and well known in their local community, hundreds if not thousands of people there know who they are. All prison staff they interact with know who they are, also any inmates they come in contact with will already know or soon work out who they are. So anonymity is not going to help them for the next 8 years at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭baldbear

We live with people who do and have committed many crimes, thankfully extreme crimes, as mentioned, are rare, I.e. you ll be grand

The point is they don't deserve to have their identities protected. They will be out at 23 & 27. They should be treated like paedos and hounded everywhere they go.

They are already named and well known in their local community, hundreds if not thousands of people there know who they are. All prison staff they interact with know who they are, also any inmates they come in contact with will already know or soon work out who they are. So anonymity is not going to help them for the next 8 years at least.

that is to be welcomed.
    but i think what posters here want is that they should not be given a new identity and allowed to slip back into normal society, possibly living next door to some innocent family with young children.

because as we all know life does NOT mean life in this country.
    they'll probably both be roaming our streets, schools, niteclubs, bars in 10, 15 years if not sooner.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,578 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've just deleted a number of posts

Charles Leclerc, do not post in this thread again

The rest of you - please ignore anything he has posted that has not been dealt with already

Any questions, PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,532 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Some predictably mad stuff being posted in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

No surprise.

Pathetic sentence from a pathetic judicial system.

Its the concurrent sentence which I can't understand.

Pathetic.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

While I don't agree with most of the language used here, In a case like this, it's hard to not want some further justice. As a parent myself, I'd be a hypocrite to state otherwise.

They gave Anna a life sentence and have their whole lives in front of them once their out. That is not justice.

Justice should be to remove their freedom to live in the community until the day they die.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

that is to be welcomed.
    but i think what posters here want is that they should not be given a new identity and allowed to slip back into normal society, possibly living next door to some innocent family with young children.

because as we all know life does NOT mean life in this country.
    they'll probably both be roaming our streets, schools, niteclubs, bars in 10, 15 years if not sooner.
    Apart from the US and some very rare cases in the UK it doesn't mean natural life anywhere but it is a sentence served. I'd expect them to change identity and move away once they have served those sentences. I do think it is dreadful that their moment of savagery destroyed the life they took and their own lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

mariaalice wrote: »
    Its a bit like taking drugs for the vast majority no lasting effect for some huge negative effects on their life and the lives of those around them. The problem is there is no definitive way of knowing which group someone falls in to.

So blanket ban on video games? How about law and order or shows like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

DrumSteve wrote: »
    While I don't agree with most of the language used here, In a case like this, it's hard to not want some further justice. As a parent myself, I'd be a hypocrite to state otherwise.

They gave Anna a life sentence and have their whole lives in front of them once their out. That is not justice.

Justice should be to remove their freedom to live in the community until the day they die.
    That can't be done no matter how deplorable their actions.

Arghus wrote: »
    Some predictably mad stuff being posted in the thread.

indeed.
    the killing of a 14 y/o girl is bound to raise passions.
    this country is very good at looking after the killers and scumbags it seems.

the innocent victims are left to get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

is_that_so wrote: »
    Apart from the US and some very rare cases in the UK it doesn't mean natural life anywhere but it is a sentence served. I'd expect them to change identity and move away once they have served those sentences. I do think it is dreadful that their moment of savagery destroyed the life they took and their own lives.

I wouldn't call it a moment of savagery. A calculated murder thought out by 2 bullying psychopaths.

And their own lives aren't destroyed. They have an anonymous clean-slated future ahead of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wonder what these two outstanding fcukwits will be like when they're out.

Poor young girl it's such a sad case and I think our laws are so outdated and favour the scum bags we actually need change.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement