Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ana Kriegel - Boys A & B found guilty [Mod: Do NOT post identifying information]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Birdnuts wrote: »
    The evil bitches who mercilessly bullied this beautifull, fragile girl in school should suffer consequences too - what if anything has the school done to deal with these vermin??

Schools are effectively paralyzed, suspension is rare and expulsion all but impossible, what would have gotten you expelled 10-15 years ago might get you counseling session where they plead with you to please behave today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

I was using it as an expression often used not what was said.

Boy As father is more likely the Garda given his interview tactic.
    No video footage even shown of those interviews as he would rarely comment or say no comment / I don’t know.

Seems schooled.

Him and the father being found on a walk together though by gardai. That stinks

Yup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

it kills me how eager Ana seemed to be to go with him, and the fact her mother said it sounded odd because nobody calls for her. Heart breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

These guys identities will not stay secret for too long, small country Ireland. And I hope they get the sh1t beaten out if them in Oberstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

JuneMoon7 wrote: »
    Are you for real. Parents lied and defended those little ****s even though they KNEW they were guilty as hell. All they cared about was themselves. What about the real victim? what about Ana?? They acted like they were the victims. They raised two feral monsters

Where is the evidence that the parents lied? If so they'd be up on charges of perverting the course of justice.

In terms of defending your kids it's what parents do. And given the complete lack of DNA and other forensic evidence it's no surprise that Boy B's parents supported him. I expect him to be discharged on appeal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

The evil bitches who mercilessly bullied this beautifull, fragile girl in school should suffer consequences too - what if anything has the school done to deal with these vermin??

This.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,218 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Who?

Their defense in the case. Horrible job but someone had to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Who?

The defence for boy A. He suggested (falsely) that Ana was sexually active and she met boy A for that.
    How are they even allowed to do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I don't get the drive to identify them, in any case, the amount of people that would have a physical altercation with them is low, you say it sitting at a keyboard, but.. yeah.

I live in South County Dublin, Larry Murphy was a frequent sighting here, walking along the street, about Deansgrange, Rochestown, Dun Laoghaire etc.

I don't know if he's still in the area since the passing of his mother.. but ****ty people just potter about their lives, like the rest of society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I think the names should be released when they are 18 . If for no other reason but to keep girls safe who might come in contact with them .

I felt sad that Anas life could be written about and her picture everywhere yet those who denied her a voice are protected .
    As the father of a little girls... This 100%.... They gave up their right to anonymity when the killed her... From here on, the safety of people they may come in contact with is more important than theirs imho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Two future FG members for sure

Mod-Yup, thats a ban.

Jesus Christ no need for that.

The comment not the ban that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,888 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Online bullies did not kill the girl nor cause the girl to be killed. In fact the online bullying was completely unrelated to the actual main facts of the case.
    It was just mentioned by her parents to show what type of girl Ana was, and how she was more vulnerable than most

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,333 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

2018na wrote: »
    <snip>

You'd want a member of your family to have poor legal counsel in the event they were accused?

Furthermore, it is his obligation to provide a defence without fear or favour. Note he didn't offer a detailed defence for Boy A other than to put it up to the Jury to do their job.

Go educate yourself as to how the legal system works before making stupid bloody statements like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I think the names should be released when they are 18 . If for no other reason but to keep girls safe who might come in contact with them .

I felt sad that Anas life could be written about and her picture everywhere yet those who denied her a voice are protected .

Her good name was dragged through the mud by these vermin who clawed like rats for freedom but they are the ones who remain anonymous

Very wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Lovely although heartbreaking piece on RTE news this evening which gave a glimpse of Ana's life. Over the past year, and more particularly in the course of the trial, the focus was - of course - on the terrible way that her life was taken.

This gave an insight and reminded us as outsiders of what a beautiful girl she was, and how deeply she was loved. Two days were celebrated by her parents and family every year, her birthday and the day that she was adopted.

Well done to the gardai and all who helped to bring the perpetrators of this terrible crime to trial and to see justice was done. Well done to the jury.

Her parents are amazing in their composure and dignity in the face of their horrendous loss and having to listen to all of the horrific evidence of her final hours.

May she rest in peace, poor innocent child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

o1s1n wrote: »
    Since the weekend I've received some harmless memes and cat videos. You'd really want to reassess who you communicate with :eek:

Agree. I left Whatsapp ages ago. Some friends turned into absolute weirdos sharing horrible crap including that M50 video. Best to just leave it at this stage it's only going to descend further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i presume rte will have a primetime special on thur night

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Sickened to my utter core listening to the stories of this young lady who just wanted to have a few friends. Absolute total total utter heartbreaking stuff. I sincerely believe in a world beyond this one and I'm full sure Ana is in that place right now one of the Golden brightest supernova stars.

I'd like to thank the lead Detectives who had to do that awful work to get the justice in this world for Ana. I wouldn't have been able to do it. Fully paid up members of the real human race.

Any young people reading this, know this - Look after each other, even the ones not in your immediate circle, if ye're lucky to get older in this world it will get to a stage where you're all ye have got left and you'll never know who you will need.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

These guys identities will not stay secret for too long, small country Ireland. And I hope they get the sh1t beaten out if them in Oberstown.

Apparently theres already some monsters in there already, this is a grade above but definitely comparable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Larbre34 wrote: »
    You'd want a member of your family to have poor legal counsel in the event they were accused?

Furthermore, it is his obligation to provide a defence without fear or favour. Note he didn't offer a detailed defence for Boy A other than to put it up to the Jury to do their job.

Go educate yourself as to how the legal system works before making stupid bloody statements like that.

He did not need to make up suggestions that the girl met her murderer for a "tryst" and that she was sexually active (she wasn't). It was his chosen strategy and we can judge him for that alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭2018na

Larbre34 wrote: »

Yes you're right on mature recollection I hope his family suffers too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Amalgam wrote: »
    I don't get the drive to identify them, in any case, the amount of people that would have a physical altercation with them is low, you say it sitting at a keyboard, but.. yeah.

I live in South County Dublin, Larry Murphy was a frequent sighting here, walking along the street, about Deansgrange, Rochestown, Dun Laoghaire etc.

I don't know if he's still in the area since the passing of his mother.. but ****ty people just potter about their lives, like the rest of society.

If Larry Murphy tried dating your daughter or sister you could warn her away from him because you know his name and what he did. If these two boys remain anonymous you wouldn't have that same information and a family member could be at serious risk. Would you like either of these boys dating your daughter in fifteen years time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yeah, in fairness if he has done his job correctly there will be no grounds for appeal which can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Where is the evidence that the parents lied? If so they'd be up on charges of perverting the course of justice.

In terms of defending your kids it's what parents do. And given the complete lack of DNA and other forensic evidence it's no surprise that Boy B's parents supported him. I expect him to be discharged on appeal.

Why would he be discharged when hes guilty as charged.?

His Father a grade A bully, having a meltdown in the Court because he didnt get his own way. Must have been a proud moment for Dad to see his son describe Ana as slutty.

Ana's parents showed incredible restraint and dignity in the face of this abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,888 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Well more than one person would ideally pay for it.

Be careful of shifting the blame. The bullies are the ones responsible, and of course there is some indirect blame on the school.

I did not shift the blame at all. I am saying society and environment creates an individual.
    What you are looking for is to take the responsibility away from parents, and leave it to the schools to do the parents job for them.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

it kills me how eager Ana seemed to be to go with him, and the fact her mother said it sounded odd because nobody calls for her. Heart breaking.

Imagine the poor girls hope leaving the house, thinking she'd found some acceptance. And her parents hopes thinking the same.

Much of this I can't think too deeply about, it doesn't even anger me. It reaches a deeper sadness than that.

I hope the two evil little bastards dying roaring.

strandroad wrote: »
    The defence for boy A. He suggested (falsely) that Ana was sexually active and she met boy A for that.
    How are they even allowed to do that?

The mother had found a condom in her room, what that means exactly is anyone's guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

El_Bee wrote: »
    Schools are effectively paralyzed, suspension is rare and expulsion all but impossible, what would have gotten you expelled 10-15 years ago might get you counseling session where they plead with you to please behave today.

That's really pathetic from the schools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

He could have said no. I would have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,152 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Online bullies did not kill the girl nor cause the girl to be killed. In fact the online bullying was completely unrelated to the actual main facts of the case.
    It was just mentioned by her parents to show what type of girl Ana was, and how she was more vulnerable than most

I disagree . If you get a large group of young people bullying or ostracising another they enable horrible behaviour . Who knows if the boys were influenced by a mentality of nastiness towards Ana

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement