Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ana Kriegel - Boys A & B found guilty [Mod: Do NOT post identifying information]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,152 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I must say, After reading the first half of that 'article' it seems very inappropriate.

In what way inappropriate ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Boggles wrote: »
    What's a proper childs prison?

One that doesn't have a f@cking ice-cream van come every Thursday to give the scummers a treat.

One that doesn't have the following happen

"Staff at the centre consistently deal with official complaints made about them. On one occasion last month, a male staff member found himself at the centre of an official complaint because he put the Dublin GAA football match on the TV. A detainee wished to watch something else."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

What struck me was how "weird" and quirky one of the boys described himself as (and others did too). Like he was trying to be accepted but pretending to be ok with himself.

Berserker wrote: »
    Talk about hardship! The prisons in this country are an absolute disgrace. Closer to holiday camps than prisons. You'd laugh at the below, if it wasn't so serious.

Oh!! Don't dare call it a prison. :rolleyes:

I must say, After reading the first half of that 'article' it seems very inappropriate.
    Indo in tasteless tripe shocker

• Advertisement

Do ye believe all click bait unsourced articles The Journal spunks out?

No, but I believe the local ice cream man who had to be Garda vetted to be allowed go up there every Thursday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Her mother said, Ana was very popular in primary school and loved it. She couldn't understand what had changed in secondary school :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    In what way inappropriate ?

The tone, particularly in the opening and closing sections is grubby. It should be somber but it reads as sensationalistic. Just another hack trying to get clicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

If it's the name I've seen there is a couple of pictures that come up on google search of young lads in the area but I'm not surprised that another lad has the same name. I bet those are some of the pictures being shared. Oddly enough I've not seen them named by anyone or pictures shared on twitter, but other posters here are saying it's happening.

Big f up by Red fm!
    The dogs in the streets of North Kildare/Lucan must know exactly who they are. Not publishing their identities and photos is just putting innocents with the same names at risk of the mob from outside the area IMO. I don't believe they have right to anonymity. Ana was afforded no such right. She is the victim here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

Casual slagging and acting the dick are one thing, but those who start fist fights or worse with others and cause them injury, those people absolutely should be taken to task. Teenaged or not. Anyone who throws a punch at someone else for absolutely no reason other than being a sadistic piece of sh!t absolutely should be prosecuted for it.
    What you consider "casual slagging" can be much more damaging if persistent than punches thrown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Do ye believe all click bait unsourced articles The Journal spunks out?

I haven't seen anything to the contrary. There was an article yesterday that Boy B was able to request Lego. I didn't have Lego as a child, that was for the rich kids. They should just take what they are given.

The way to deal with an official complaint about ice cream or TV stations is a hiding for the complainer.

I don't think prisons should be like the gulags but there shouldn't be a single minute of enjoying it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭nehemiah

GarIT wrote: »
    I haven't seen anything to the contrary. There was an article yesterday that Boy B was able to request Lego. I didn't have Lego as a child, that was for the rich kids. They should just take what they are given.

The way to deal with an official complaint about ice cream or TV stations is a hiding for the complainer.

I don't think prisons should be like the gulags but there shouldn't be a single minute of enjoying it either.

Did the article say he got lego?

I can request a night with Scarlett Johansson but (so far) she has not got back to me.

nehemiah wrote: »
    Did the article say he got lego?

I can request a night with Scarlett Johansson but (so far) she has not got back to me.

As far as I can recall no. But the entitlement of being able to ask needs to be fixed whether it was gotten or not.

If a prison is a place where that can be asked without fear of the reprocussions the prison isn't fit for purpose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Jesus.

Someone get Gar some lego, its absence seems to have had a profound effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,520 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I haven't seen anything to the contrary.

So I can tell you anything and you'd believe based on the fact you can't find anything that disproves it? Really?
    There was an article yesterday that Boy B was able to request Lego. I didn't have Lego as a child, that was for the rich kids. They should just take what they are given.

It sounds like you were a child a while ago when institutions regular abused children.

I'll forgive the lego not to go back to those times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

As far as I can recall no. But the entitlement of being able to ask needs to be fixed whether it was gotten or not.

If a prison is a place where that can be asked without fear of the reprocussions the prison isn't fit for purpose.

and you fix that by giving them a hiding?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

You want repercussions for a question being asked?

So I can tell you anything and you'd believe based on the fact you can't find anything that disproves it? Really?

It sounds like you were a child a while ago when institutions regular abused children.

Im young enough, raised on the one parent family payment. I don't think of my childhood as being bad. I don't think anyone's prison experience should be better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭nehemiah

For starters, Boy B wasn't a convicted murderer at the time that request was made.

Secondly, what repercussions do you think there should be for making a request? Surely a simple refusal would suffice, you don't need to beat the **** out him too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

He was only on remand. He hadn't been found guilty of anything at that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Im young enough, raised on the one parent family payment. I don't think of my childhood as being bad. I don't think anyone's prison experience should be better though.
    So you want them beaten around for asking a question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,520 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Yeah would love to been locked up as a child if it meant I got lego or ice cream.

Are you okay?

The poor little murderers, eh? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So you want them beaten around for asking a question?

Some other posters have pointed out he hadn't been found guilty at the time which does change things. But I do believe people found guilty should fear the consequences of having such entitlement.

Some other posters have pointed out he hadn't been found guilty at the time which does change things. But I do believe people found guilty should fear the consequences of having such entitlement.

so you think he should be beaten if he asks for it now?

so you think he should be beaten if he asks for it now?

I don't know if my answer would be allowed on boards.

I don't know if my answer would be allowed on boards.

I'll take that as a yes.

Complaining about them getting ice cream shouldn't be in the context of "I didn't get ice cream when I was younger" ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

The whole Lego thing is vastly off topic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Thank God sense prevailed and both were found guilty. The lies and inconsistencies in Boy B's statements show imo he knew exactly what went down that day.

As for Boy A the evidence was irrefutable, how he thought he would ever get off is beyond me. I hope the judge takes that into account when sentencing - he could have spared Ana's parents of weeks and months of sensationalist media coverage. Instead the deluded monster thought that he somehow might be seen as innocent despite the overwhelming evidence against him.

Both should be locked in a cage for the rest of their lives and never see the sunlight again, I unfortunately have no faith that they won't be out by the time they are 21 like the Bulger murdering animals.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement