Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ana Kriegel - Boys A & B found guilty [Mod: Do NOT post identifying information]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

They are being named on twitter and pictures shared and you can't blame people for doing so.

They are two psychopaths and public safety is needed.
    And that is why I sometimes hate Twitter and WhatsApp and social media. The baying mob is now judge, jury and executioner. None of us knows if they're distributing the correct information or if they have just dragged innocent people into this. It's not the first time this has happened. Anyone who forwards these pictures is an irresponsible eejit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,240 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

So are you saying its ok for the state to kill 15 innocent people ?
    I don't get where your going with this ?

If the alternative is to allow 450+ innocent people to die, then I'm at least open to the discussion.

Note that I'm talking about multiple/serial killers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Feisar wrote: »
    All points agreed, however he got a tender for mowing the lawn, leads me to believe it’s within the realms of possibility that he could have €150 to €200 euro to his name? All he needs to do is buy a second hand or refurbished laptop and a world of depravity is at his fingertips. Not saying anything about your son specifically, just an example. Do you monitor all internet traffic in the house?

Yes, yes you do. You don't let them use laptops in their room or give them phones at 13 or they use the phone in front of you.

There are a million ways to manage this, its not rocket science.

My son used the laptop in the main room until he was old enough, 16/17. He didn't have a smart phone.

My dad had net nanny on the computer when my sisters were younger and we were growing up and that was the 90's/ early 2000. So yes it is possible with a bit of effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭volchitsa

A lot of Boy A's defences closing statement seemed to hinge on the implication that his DNA got on her through consensual contact and then things got out of hand and he accidentally killed her.

Despicable, but barely eyebrow raising for anyone who's been present for or followed a rape trial. I assume there wasn't a hint of lace or anything on her underwear or that would have been brought up too...

She seems to have been wearing a vest, poor little pet. (That's what the other male "contact" DNA was on, according to reports).

That she was wearing a vest at her age really struck me as her unusual innocence at 14.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,240 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Omackeral wrote: »
    Do you realise how utterly psychotic that sounds? You'd be happy if your brother or sister or your kid, actually, was hung and they were innocent? Small price to pay after all...

Would you be any more/less happy if your brother or sister was murdered by a repeat offender? Small price to pay...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

theguzman wrote: »
    The UK will bring back the death penalty with a hard brexit looming and free of Brussels law you can see hanging being restored there in the next ten years.

And you can get your jollies then can't you? Except for one thing
    .....it's not gonna happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Doesn't matter, they'd still be dead if you had your way and execution was an option.

The state chose the charges the defendants were facing #facepalm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭blackwhite

And that is why I sometimes hate Twitter and WhatsApp and social media. The baying mob is now judge, jury and executioner. None of us knows if they're distributing the correct information or if they have just dragged innocent people into this. It's not the first time this has happened. Anyone who forwards these pictures is an irresponsible eejit

We've already seen *on this thread* where another kid with the same name was being identified as the killer.

We have different views of punishment of this type of crime. Mine a a lot more succinct.

1. Bullet.
    2. Rope.

Yep, I know what ya mean!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Gerianam wrote: »
    Parents need to be parents. Our fourteen year old son, has access to his phone for one hour after dinner, he does not ask for any more because he knows it will not happen. Yesterday, he mowed his granny's front lawn and back garden, she gave him 10 euro. He bought sweets for himself and his little sister. I cannot underdstand how kids are allowed to have access depravity on line. The world is gone crazy.

Sound like an old f ucker here but when i was 14 you'd be lucky to grab a glimpse of a half naked playboy model now in 10 seconds flat you can watch a gang of 10 men do all kinds of sick stuff to a woman on a smartphone. A quick google will have you watching a person being beheaded quicker than it takes to make a cup of tea.

I've been banging this drum for years now but the effect this is now having on our children is going to be felt for years to come. The buck stops at the parents door without a doubt but unfortunately the actions you are taking with your child is the exception to the rule.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Small Wonder

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Surely the Red FM guy has to be prosecuted or it’s open season on naming anyone in the future whose identity is made a secret by court order?

Sorry, must have missed this. Did a RED FM presenter/reporter actually name someone?

GreeBo wrote: »
    So locking an innocent person up for life is better than sentencing them to death?

Sentences can be appealed, overturned or reduced. Happens often. Not much good appealing if you're already dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

you think the state would have acted differently if the death penalty was possible? you really are incredibly naive.
    nehemiah wrote: »
    So if there had been the death penalty the state would not have withheld the evidence?

Interesting theory

The death penalty was possible if the state had decided to charge the G4 and B6 with treason. The state chose not to, therefore ENSURING that the death penalty could not be imposed by the judge. It is the same state.

This is miles off topic so I won't be engaging anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Just swinging by to say that some of the posts here make me sick and the hard lads calling for summary murder of the convicted should be bloody ashamed. You're disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Sorry, must have missed this. Did a RED FM presenter/reporter actually name someone?

Yes, this morning a reporter named boy A twice on radio before being cut off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,534 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Personally as I have said many times on boards prison is waaaay too soft.

There should be prisons like in the USA.

Let them work from 4 am to 12 midnight day in day out for the whole of their sentence. Boring manual Labour that is of benefit to society.

Life either means firing squad or compromise of full life behind bars.

I doubt any of the mainstream political parties we have would ever ever ever consider it.

Slave labour. Good man yourself.

That way you get slaves doing the work and law abiding people put out of work because they can't compete with slave labour. Wages for working people drop.

You've proposed a pretty terrible stare there. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Apparently yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

And to hear Mr. Gagebys last question to Ana's mother was to ask her to confirm that she had told the Gardai she found a condom under her daughters pillow, the week before her disappearance is absolutely disgraceful and he should be brought up on this. That even the slightest bit of interest or curious about sex and their sexuality can people some partial blame to the victim...

Boy A was up for aggravated sexual assault as well - so in that context he was entitled to ask if she was sexual active, uncomfortable as it may seem. It would be remiss of him not to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Surely the Red FM guy has to be prosecuted or it’s open season on naming anyone in the future whose identity is made a secret by court order?

He made a simple mistake it was live radio not published in a newspaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Just swinging by to say that some of the posts here make me sick and the hard lads calling for summary murder of the convicted should be bloody ashamed. You're disgusting.
    The assault and murder of Ana is what makes me sick and disgusts me rather than words on the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    The people frothing at the mouth and rubbing their legs at the idea of executing or torturing these two boys need to realise that they're part of the problem regarding violence in society.

Disagree with your phrase 'violence in society' as a useless category.

There is violence that attacks society.

There is violence that protects society.

Not a death penalty merchant myself, would prefer to see them living a disciplined, spartan life, access to books and radio only, and only in return for their doing something menial and thankless that is essential to society.

But away from society.

And something more akin to Black Dolphin than what we have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

The assault and murder of Ana is what makes me sick and disgusts me rather than words on the internet.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,940 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sound like an old f ucker here but when i was 14 you'd be lucky to grab a glimpse of a half naked playboy model now in 10 seconds flat you can watch a gang of 10 men do all kinds of sick stuff to a woman on a smartphone. A quick google will have you watching a person being beheaded quicker than it takes to make a cup of tea.

I've been banging this drum for years now but the effect this is now having on our children is going to be felt for years to come. The buck stops at the parents door without a doubt but unfortunately the actions you are taking with your child is the exception to the rule.

I think mobile phones should be like cigarettes, illegal for a child to own or buy until they hit a certain age.

At least 16.

Some of the stuff they will be seeing at very young ages will be damaging to their minds. And unfortunately some parents let mobile devices and technology rare their kids for them as it's the easy way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

...and online service providers and social media companies...after all there's no top-shelf on the web

*phones & laptops sold to kids should have built in search filters as standard

imo - smartphones shouldn't be sold to under 16's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

The two aren't mutually exclusive.
    Well it's your only contribution to the thread - an attention seeking seagull post referring in vague terms to posts that make you sick (which ones? Vagueness is lazy) and getting up on your high horse about fecking words. Just words. About things that aren't actually going to happen. Why the f should they feel ashamed of themselves?

And not a word from you about what was done to Ana - like the main takeaway is a bunch of stupid words.

Your opportunistic post is in bad taste too imo.

Would you be any more/less happy if your brother or sister was murdered by a repeat offender? Small price to pay...

Afraid to answer the question I posed? Do you think it's acceptable to execute innocent people? Your innocent family member being hung is fine is it?

And now I wouldn't be happy if a released murderer killed my sibling.... but you're assuming I'm all for releasing murderers there aren't you? Life sentence should mean life sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭omega man

As a father of a 13 year old girl and an almost 12 year old boy I just can’t put into words how deeply this tragedy affected me.
    Justice is a sole consolation. Significant praise to the gardai, prosecuting team and to the jury.

This poor girl suffered immensely, outside of her loving home, in life and in death. I’m not a religious person but I lit a candle for her in a church. I won’t forget Ana as long as I live and her tragedy has already opened up important conversations with my own kids. RIP.

Ps those who participated in her vile and relentless bullying may hang their heads in shame for the rest of their lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

theguzman wrote: »
    Franco, Mussolini, Pinochet etc. all executed thousands of communists for their attempts to overthrow civil society.

Can I just clarify that you are openly aligning yourself with some of history's worst dictators and mass murdering villains?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Would you be ok if your brother/sister was put to death and then it was later revealed they were innocent? I think maybe it would be better to focus on our prison system. I don't think Oberstown is suitable for these two boys but I don't think the facility needs to be as harsh as prison either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Not a death penalty merchant myself, would prefer to see them living a disciplined, spartan life, access to books and radio only, and only in return for their doing something menial and thankless that is essential to society.

But away from society.

And something more akin to Black Dolphin than what we have.

Irish prisons are like a holiday camp compared to black dolphin, I know a few lads that were locked up , they said it wasn't to bad, video games , movies , weed and tablets, doesn't sound to bad if that's wat you're into. But I do think if you murder someone in cold blood you should get the death penalty . Keeping someone locked up at the cost of 50,000 a year is a waste of money. Some people are scum and deserve the death penalty . I know there was a lot of mistakes made in the past. But nowadays with DNA and forensics you don't hear about innocent people getting locked up anymore

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement