Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ana Kriegel - Boys A & B found guilty [Mod: Do NOT post identifying information]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Am I in the minority thinking its correct A & B are NOT named???

No there is possible harm cased either way, it's a difficult one to call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

I agree they should be named and shamed if ever the law changes in that respect but their families don’t deserve to be treated like they are the guilty ones. They have done nothing wrong as far as we know and I find it highly unlikely they raised their sons to be murderers or psychopaths.

I mean...

You think there is a possibility that two families who didn't know eachother prior to this, happened to both raise sadistic murderous sons who just also happened to end up in school together?

I get that people are upset but seriously, that's hardly a cause for lobotomizing yourself.

How do you know the names and faces in the photos are in fact A and B?

You don't have to know that to engage in revenge fantasies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭screamer

I agree they should be named and shamed if ever the law changes in that respect but their families don’t deserve to be treated like they are the guilty ones. They have done nothing wrong as far as we know and I find it highly unlikely they raised their sons to be murderers or psychopaths.

Ana’s family did nothing wrong either, it hadn’t spared them this nightmare, and all the publicity that they’ve had to endure. I have zero sympathy for their families you know your kids and you know well when they’re lying. After everything they did to Ana, they could at least have had the balls and decency to admit it, and I’m sorry but that’s on their parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭Gerianam

tuxy wrote: »
    If I remember he described a stick he picked up in one of the rooms of the abandoned house he wanted to keep as a play sword but left it as it wasn't suitable.

In a different report I heard he was shown a picture of a stick with Ana's blood on it and he acted surprised when he saw it.

I'm not sure if Garda were trying to link boy B to that stick but they didn't have enough evidence. And how it was reported was a bit confusing.

I feel that he mentioned the stick because he knew Gardaí may have found his DNA/fingerprints on it. Too clever but not clever enough.....

• Advertisement

Perhaps, but you are not alone. And for the moment at least the law has not taken leave of its senses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

You could be but I agree with you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Perhaps, but you are not alone. And for the moment at least the law has not taken leave of its senses.

I'd like to see them named on release as adults

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

You don't have to know that to engage in revenge fantasies.

Exactly and that’s why I completely disagree with naming them on social media.

Revenge helps no one, the Kriegels least of all.

Stheno wrote: »

To what end? And it is a question I grapple with myself at the moment.

What would we (society) be hoping to achieve in doing so?

• Advertisement

Gerianam wrote: »
    I feel that he mentioned the stick because he knew Gardaí may have found his DNA/fingerprints on it. Too clever but not clever enough.....

Probably and that was why the prosecution brought it up. It was similar to how he reviled that Boy A had said he was going to kill Ana thinking this would reduce the heat on himself but he only ended up incriminating himself.

Lets be honest, the people that are spreading this info (which may be false) are doing so because of revenge fantasies, I don't see how this is healthy.

No it’s being done because the law is an ass. I don’t have any revenge fantasies but I want to know if there’s a monster in my neighborhood so that I can keep my kids and family well away from them. Self protection it’s the most basic human trait.

screamer wrote: »
    Ana’s family did nothing wrong either, it hadn’t spared them this nightmare, and all the publicity that they’ve had to endure. I have zero sympathy for their families you know your kids and you know well when they’re lying. After everything they did to Ana, they could at least have had the balls and decency to admit it, and I’m sorry but that’s on their parents.

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

As far as we know they came from good families and their parents don’t deserve to be punished for their sons crimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yes me too . Named on release or reaching adulthood

As far as we know they came from good families and their parents don’t deserve to be punished for their sons crimes.

No in this case two wrongs made a rape and a murder, but sure protect everyone related to them..... give me a break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Protecting our daughters and grandchildren maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭omega man

Exactly and that’s why I completely disagree with naming them on social media.

Revenge helps no one, the Kriegels least of all.

This. They may also have siblings who’d be possibly targeted also.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Knowing who they are? The most recent case involving a child murder had his name published after release as part of an exclusion order on where he could go

NO YOU DO NOT.

You might for instance consult the testimony of, I don't know, Ana's mother who learned from strangers that her own daughter, with home she had a very good and communicative relationship that certain issues were arising.

It might make you as a some banal internet rando feel better to take such a heartless pathetic approach. It doesn't make it true.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I don't care what the parents of Boy A and Boy B done before that day or how they raised their children.
    But I do want to know what they done in the aftermath of the event and the days leading up to Ana being found and between the interviews.
    They need to tell their truth or be investigated.

Although them 2 f*ckin low life cretins have got the proper verdict, this case should not be closed and the truth of everything should be discovered.

• Advertisement

Knowing who they are? The most recent case involving a child murder had his name published after release as part of an exclusion order on where he could go

A child murderer, or a child who committed a murder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Boy B's father sounds classy. While the parents of Ana where dealing with the verdict he was roaring at the Gardai that they were scumbag pr1icks

No in this case two wrongs made a rape and a murder, but sure protect everyone related to them..... give me a break

You’re assuming the families were in on it but there is absolutely nothing to suggest that is the case.

I’ll say it again - let go of the emotion and desire for revenge for a moment and think clearly.

Would you expect to be punished for your children’s wrong doing? Of course not nor should you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Thank everyone of ye who is naming these boys online and posting pics.

The country needs to know and be protected from these animals.

Rip ana, gone too soon from a world too cruel.

How do you know the names and faces in the photos are in fact A and B?

There Is enough people posting and people from the area it happened who are posting confirming it's them

No it’s being done because the law is an ass. I don’t have any revenge fantasies but I want to know if there’s a monster in my neighborhood so that I can keep my kids and family well away from them. Self protection it’s the most basic human trait.

So its not a revenge fantasy... its a defender fantasy.

Just as destructive and equally moronic.

There Is enough people posting and people from the area it happened who are posting confirming it's them

Are there honestly people so dumb, so dim, so dull as to not to have ever heard of the many, multiple miscarriages of justice based on eye witness testimony?

Are we to forever have to tolerate this ignorant grunts as equally valid opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭nehemiah

Very true. On the one hand, there is the view that justice should be seen to be done in public. There’s also the view that once they reach 18 they should be no longer be protected by the Children’s Act. And third...the revenge fantasies.

But on the other hand if Thompson and Venables are anything to go by then the State would likely create (expensive) aliases for them, which people would hate of course. It could also lead to a risk to the safety of their families, including younger siblings. And of course...the revenge fantasies.

Can you really be sure they aren’t just jumping on the bandwagon like you have done yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

There is absolutely ZERO way these kids didn't give off indications of their behavior. Their parents ignored/minimized/buried their heads in the sand, and played the 'we're shocked I tell you, SHOCKED' at their behavior.

• Advertisement

Happy4all wrote: »
    Boy B's father sounds classy. While the parents of Ana where dealing with the verdict he was roaring at the Gardai that they were scumbag pr1icks

I hadn't realized this was a dating competition?

A desperate man, who believed in his sons innocence in respect of a horrific crime lashed out in the very seconds following a contrary verdict. String him from the nearest lampost.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement