Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling Nintendo 3DS XL Happy Home Edition - where are the saves

• 18-06-2019 7:38pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    We are trading in a 3DS XL tomorrow to fund a Switch. My wife is very fond of two games on the machine where she has invested alot of time in, and she might rebuy a 3DS and replay them from where she saved...Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Happy Home Designer. Both are downloaded to the system and are not physical carts.

What are the options for getting the save data off the machine? Do we simply copy the contents of the SD?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

It's not just the saves you need to worry about.

AFAIK digital purchases need to be transferred from system to system, you can't just buy a new system and re-download your games, you need both systems in hand.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Irish Halo wrote: »

AFAIK digital purchases need to be transferred from system to system, you can't just buy a new system and re-download your games, you need both systems in hand.

Urgh.

Any other hope?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Irish Halo wrote: »

It's not as rigid as that on the re-download point, but certainly easier to do a "system to system" swap.

I lost my 3DS, but did have console number etc. I bought a new one, spoke to Nintendo and they made all the purchased digital games available.

On the other hand, game saves and spot pass stuff was gone.

Looks like some details can be backed up to SD card for some games. But prob not Animal Crossing.

https://nintenpedia.com/how-to-backup-digital-3ds-game-save-data/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Is it the New 3DS XL? Don't sell it!
    I had the original 3DS XL and even though I have a switch I'm jealous of some of the games on the 3DS.
    I see most Irish retailers are only selling the 2DS XL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was going to sell my New 3DS a few months back but didn't do it in the end because I wouldn't have gotten much for it.

CEX are offering between 55 and 75 (depending on condition).
    I think they have really dropped in value in the last 6 months because the end is nigh.

I wonder if you're overestimating how much you think you'll get for it? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

antix80 wrote: »
    Is it the New 3DS XL? Don't sell it!
    I had the original 3DS XL and even though I have a switch I'm jealous of some of the games on the 3DS.
    I see most Irish retailers are only selling the 2DS XL.

Yep, new 3DS XL. CeX are giving 96 for it as a trade in towards a Switch. I've had it on Adverts for quite some time and it's not moving.

Advertisement