Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

price for patio

Options
  • 18-06-2019 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

hi

just a got a quote for a 12 square metre patio for 1,800 euro. this would include all materials, paving stones and works done, the type of slab is called a Shelbourne. This sounds excessive to me, any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

hi

just a got a quote for a 12 square metre patio for 1,800 euro. this would include all materials, paving stones and works done, the type of slab is called a Shelbourne. This sounds excessive to me, any opinions?

What’s there currently? How much labour is involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

jlm29 wrote: »
    What’s there currently? How much labour is involved?

The grass needs to be dug up, no concrete involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Have you priced the stone separately? I have no idea what that type of stone costs, but overall it doesn’t sound excessive to me, to have the job done right.

jlm29 wrote: »
    Have you priced the stone separately? I have no idea what that type of stone costs, but overall it doesn’t sound excessive to me, to have the job done right.

About a tenner a slab.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

I just paid €550 for the patio slabs alone, that was for 15m2. Ive to get the hardcore next which is roughly another €100, then hire a whacked plate, wheelbarrow, cement mixer which will be another €150 for the weekend hire so that’s €800 plus there alone without labour. Then cement and sand another €100ish so €900.

There’s a lot of prep involved in patio, we got similar quotes aswel, so decided to do it ourselves with assistance of friends who know how to do it.

• Advertisement

bri007 wrote: »
    I just paid €550 for the patio slabs alone, that was for 15m2. Ive to get the hardcore next which is roughly another €100, then hire a whacked plate, wheelbarrow, cement mixer which will be another €150 for the weekend hire so that’s €800 plus there alone without labour. Then cement and sand another €100ish so €900.

There’s a lot of prep involved in patio, we got similar quotes aswel, so decided to do it ourselves with assistance of friends who know how to do it.

Thanks that gives me a good idea of costs involved.

Advertisement