Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three year lecturer contract and CID

Options
  • 18-06-2019 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

If I am on a fixed three year contract, will I be eligible for a CID at the end of the second year?

I read the TUI site and it suggests this, but then other sites suggest that you also need to be on a second contract as well as two consecutive years.

"With effect from the date of this Circular, the qualification period for the granting of an initial CID is reduced from a period of continuous employment in excess of three years with the same employer to a period of continuous employment in excess of two years with the same employer. This reduction means that a lecturer will be awarded a CID rather than a further Fixed Term Contract provided the conditions and procedures set out in Circular 93/2007
    are satisfied. "

Ben

Advertisement